Greetins Fellow Ford Owners

DanaM

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport 4WD
Hi

My name is Dana and I am from Columbus, Ohio. Just picked up a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4wd. It has or had 123K on in. It is black. I got this automobile so I would not have to drive my heavily modded Dodge Charger in the snow here in Ohio. The Explorer replaces a 1997 Honda Passport that use to be my winter vehicle but I sold it last spring. Basically, the Explorer is another mod for the Charger and a nice one at that.

A few questions:

What type of oil should I use in the 2001 Explorer Sport? I run nothing but Royal Purple Synthetic or Amsoil Synthetic in the Charger. Is it better to use a 5w30 or 5w20 non synthetic in these SUVs or will the synthetic be ok?

The center console is broken and the hood latch shocks do not work. The dealer is suppose to find me a replacement hood latches and a center console. The center console issues seems to be common. Any recommendations of the center console or the latches?

Finally, when I get the oil changed, I hope to put in a new air filter, maybe a K&N. Does anyone have the part number for the air filter for a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport?

Thank you!

D a n a

Welcome to this forum! Your owner's manual should have the correct number for the oil. You could download an owner's manual if you don't have one. Check # 13 in my list of useful threads for more information.

Welcome to this forum! Your owner's manual should have the correct number for the oil. You could download an owner's manual if you don't have one. Check # 13 in my list of useful threads for more information.

Way cool. Thx!

D a n a

welcome my center consule on my 01 sport is broken too

Back