GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek

Yea kind of figured if a lot of people do come you would need that spot for parking.you HAD to bring up the yeti:shoot::shoot: im setting up' booby' traps this year and putting my trail camera up.ill get a pic this year! !!:D
you might just get me sleep walking in my tighty whiteys... what??? bahahahahha just kidding :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll probably be up for this one. Already have my lift/coilovers done and will definitely have front/gas tank skidplates by that time...hopefully rock sliders too. If I have any extra money I also would like to have at least the rear axle set up with a limited slip.

I am probable as well. Trying to get my OnBoard air adressed within the month, and electrical issue should be fixed this weekend (crossing fingers).
I'm newly engaged, so it's hard to find time for anything with that on top of grad school work... damn I have not time.

Definitely going to try my best!

congrats man. if you cant make it there will be others. dont worry

soo
wednesday: early birds start rolling into camp noonish. check out the trails
thursday: day at the river, picnic, cornhole or something fun
friday: shoe creek or stony run, yeti hunting back at camp
saturday: daytime??? fireworks later when dark
sunday: pack up and leave the greatest place ever

I am probable as well. Trying to get my OnBoard air adressed within the month, and electrical issue should be fixed this weekend (crossing fingers).
I'm newly engaged, so it's hard to find time for anything with that on top of grad school work... damn I have not time.

Definitely going to try my best!

Did you end up using that tank I gave you? Hope you can make it and congrads man!!
O and thanks again for helping me out so much last trip.did you figure out what was wrong with your truck last time?

Did you end up using that tank I gave you? Hope you can make it and congrads man!!
O and thanks again for helping me out so much last trip.did you figure out what was wrong with your truck last time?

Xeek & JD, THANKS!

No problem about last trip. I have a really cheap torque converter! Thats the bottom line. It doesn't lockup in low rpms so the tranny overheats. If I don't replace it by the trip I will probably run the trails in 1st and 2nd gears to reduce stress.

I have the plans set for the tank; its going up where the spare tire would be and will utilize a rim as the mounting point and then will us the spare tire winch system to hold it in place. That way I can disconnect, if I don't want it up there.

Will be consulting with James in the near future.

Pretty sure I will be back in California by then but if I an still here I will try to make it out for at least one day.

i think i will leave friday afternoon stay saturday and leave sunday. how much did you end up spending in gas to get there??

Idk gas was cheaper then.I got good mpg last trip.think it was like 23ish and thats loaded, water tank full and my big tires on:D think it was right at 200miles from here to fishfoods.so like $30-40 each way.but thats not where you use gas, its in the mountains and playing around.think I used a full tank just doing that!!:(

The exploder got 13mpg and 17highway last time. I used 13.8gal for to his house, thwn another 20 to a ggas station the next day. 204miles. And i used like another 11.98gal pkaying at his house, 100mile round trip to stony run. Dont remember if tjat was to richmond also or not. But 12.71gal home at 15.72mpg

The ranger last year.... 7.97gal 25.28mpg to scottsville. 10.67gal 25.08mpg from there to his house then back home.

My house to his house is 197miles

Yeti sighting!

JD

The yeti is getting bigger and bolder...... the claw marks are about 2 inches apart and just on the other side of the road from the house. Oh yeah thats were i was going to put your camp!:D

JD

The yeti is getting bigger and bolder...... the claw marks are about 2 inches apart and just on the other side of the road from the house. Oh yeah thats were i was going to put your camp!:D

Hhahaha NOOOOOOOOOOOO:D

what are you guys talking about hahahaha. and freddy my gas is a little more. my truck wont run right on anything less than 93 hahahahah

Yea I know those stock 5.0 hate low octane gas!! Hahah:D

I better have the ranger done by then so if so, I'll be there. If I put the ranger on my car trailer I'll get around 17mpg in the f250 haha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back