GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek

Yeti Fence ????

yeti fence??? are you crazy..... i was going the other way and installing a yeti attractant and scratchin post next to your campsite. If i draw the yeti over to you, it will keep the rest of us safe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeti fence??? are you crazy..... i was going the other way and installing a yeti attractant and scratchin post next to your campsite. If i draw the yeti over to you, it will keep the rest of us safe.

Hahahhaha

JD
:dead:

BUMP!!!! Getting close..anyone new going or interested? ?? Everyone on the first page still planning on going? I going to be pressed to even get my ranger and bike ready to go..hell I still haven't unpacked the explorer from last trip!:(

All depends on if i can get a new transfer case by then.

I'm going to New York this summer so I might be in! Subscribing so I can stay up to date

getting my **** together

hey guys,

i am still working to get the camps ready...... should have electric over there by then, but not water. you might have to walk 50' to water or stretch a hose over there.

i have been down sick for months so i am a little behind. Still dont even have an indoor shower yet but i am getting close. i will probably have the basement bath ready with toilet and sink only by then. so plan to shower au naturale under the stars. At least you have hot water.

Explorer is still alive and lives up there most of the time so i am in for a run on one of the days. Neighbor has been clearing the riverside trails so we should be good there. fireworks will be on but they wont be at my house. We will have to drive down to the river. At this point i think the live band is out.

no yetis seen so far this spring but the bears and coyotes have been coming closer and closer to house ... no jd you cant shoot them, they are my buddies. Dont worry, they dont eat much....they will just nibble on ya!

I just made this thread a sticky. Do you want me to post it as a notice so it will get more views?

no yetis seen so far this spring but the bears and coyotes have been coming closer and closer to house ... no jd you cant shoot them, they are my buddies. Dont worry, they dont eat much....they will just nibble on ya!
Glad you and the explorer are feeling better;)I enjoyed the outdoor shower, pretty freakn AWESOME taking a hot shower on the side of the mountain with shooting stars above you! Lol
Its the coyotes that honestly I'm worried about, that's what I seen last year. Those things are mean and travel in packs.we have a huge problem with them at our hunt club.they have attacked our dogs a couple of time and killed two of them:mad:I'm sure with all the activity and people around they should stay their distance.don't worry I won't shoot anything but YETIS!!! LOL

I just made this thread a sticky. Do you want me to post it as a notice so it will get more views?
I would vote yea;):thumbsup:
Thx

im thinking at this point im out. small chance ill make it. but theres so much stuff going on with my family right now.

Aww still awile away..and you know my prayers go out to your mom and family man.:salute:

a little out of touch

At the risk of sounding like an old fart who has not embraced the technology .......

i really dont know what "making this thread a sticky" means.....is that a bad thing? is it because there are too many posts in the thread?

As to posting this as a notice so it will get more views. first i dont know what that means but i assume it means trying to get the word out to more people around the country.

i kinda have mixed feelings..... i only have a little cracker jack shack on the side of a hill on a postage stamp size piece of property that has more vertical real estate than horizontal. i am trying to go into the woods and clear out enough spots for a few primitive campsites but being only one guy, at best i will only have a handful done. After speaking with the electrician yesterday i may not have electric on that side of the road by then.

i would hate to see people travel long distances and think that they are going to have some sort of deluxe accomodations when they get to camp fishfood, because there just isnt anything here.

i would vote no on the "notice", but i am not the poster for this thread.

hope you can make it

im thinking at this point im out. small chance ill make it. but theres so much stuff going on with my family right now.

hope that your familiy things get better, and i hope you can make it even if you just have to ride shotgun. i may have you drive my explorer.
My leg is so busted up that i am hobbling around on a cane and having problems driving a clutch. may have to get you to drive mine.... what a deal... you get to go jackassing around in the woods and break somebody else's **** this time. and besides, if you are not there who will photograph?

Fishfood, that's gotta suck. Broke my toe and had to drive the stick, then rebroke it trying to bump start it and not wearing shoes :eek: and toes don't even really hurt. More annoying than anything.
A sticky means it doesn't need to be "bumped" it is "stuck" at the top. So that way people see it when they click on the subforum.

Xeek, you're more than welcome to drive the lil 2wd that could as well :D I don't mind riding shot gun and taking pics.

At the risk of sounding like an old fart who has not embraced the technology .......

i really dont know what "making this thread a sticky" means.....is that a bad thing? is it because there are too many posts in the thread?

As to posting this as a notice so it will get more views. first i dont know what that means but i assume it means trying to get the word out to more people around the country.

i kinda have mixed feelings..... i only have a little cracker jack shack on the side of a hill on a postage stamp size piece of property that has more vertical real estate than horizontal. i am trying to go into the woods and clear out enough spots for a few primitive campsites but being only one guy, at best i will only have a handful done. After speaking with the electrician yesterday i may not have electric on that side of the road by then.

i would hate to see people travel long distances and think that they are going to have some sort of deluxe accomodations when they get to camp fishfood, because there just isnt anything here.

i would vote no on the "notice", but i am not the poster for this thread.

You have always provide more than enough accommodations, you always seem to out do yourself. I know personally I don't care about electric or fancy campgrounds. Dont stress or over do yourself especially with a hurt leg.I know me and the regulars come every year because you have a beautiful piece of property that your nice enough to even let us stay on and play on.plus just hanging out and getting away from the city life is great!!

I probably won't be hitting shoe creek or any of those trails, I won't have a 4x4 and probably won't have my dirt tires on my bike by then.so I can help with anything you need around the house or property. Im an electrician by trade, not what I'm doing for a living but certainly can help or run any service you want.I do totally understand if you don't want massive crowds of people showing up tho.I'm taking that whole week off so if you need or want any help with anything let me know, I could always come a little early and help you set up or whatever, I don't mind at all.

hope that your familiy things get better, and i hope you can make it even if you just have to ride shotgun. i may have you drive my explorer.
My leg is so busted up that i am hobbling around on a cane and having problems driving a clutch. may have to get you to drive mine.... what a deal... you get to go jackassing around in the woods and break somebody else's **** this time. and besides, if you are not there who will photograph?
hahaha. you do realize i have a history of hitting trees??? i appreciate the offer, i may take that up :D. and WILL took LOTS OF PICS but NEVER POSTS THEM!!! lol
money wont be my issue at all, so id have my ranger to drive up there and everything. just timing with whats going on with my mom is whats going to decide the trip or not.

I'm PCSing to Norfolk in mid June, would be killer if i could tag along to learn some of the trails with you guys. if you'd take me of course.

what trees?

are there trees at my place?
Xeek, i dont think you have the lock on hitting trees although you have done a fair share of tree bashing..... you just keep hitting them head on. I liked uncle meats post after the last trip .... something to the effect of "i didnt break anything, but then again i didn't wheel at fishfoods". i thinks last trip everyone at least bumped a tree or two. The only reason that i dont have more body damage is because the rockrails protect my sides from deep damage. guess i was a little stingy when i cleared the trails.

jd i appreciate the offer on the electric but the issue is more of timing/legality. technically that land over there is another piece of property and the power company would love to put power over there, but they would want a seperate meter and a separate bill of $21/ month whether i use anything or not. i shouldnt have a visible trench over there until after i get a certificate of oocupancy for the house. Right now i will be pressed to getting CO before the fourth. We may just have a few big extension cords accross the driveway.

I'm PCSing to Norfolk in mid June, would be killer if i could tag along to learn some of the trails with you guys. if you'd take me of course.

I assume you are in Hawaii now... Get with the local guys down va beach way and come on up once you get to the norfolk area. I am guessing that you wont have your explorer with you but you can find someone to shotgun with on the trails.

Just pm one of us when you get in town;)
are there trees at my place?
Xeek, i dont think you have the lock on hitting trees although you have done a fair share of tree bashing..... you just keep hitting them head on. I liked uncle meats post after the last trip .... something to the effect of "i didnt break anything, but then again i didn't wheel at fishfoods". i thinks last trip everyone at least bumped a tree or two. The only reason that i dont have more body damage is because the rockrails protect my sides from deep damage. guess i was a little stingy when i cleared the trails.

jd i appreciate the offer on the electric but the issue is more of timing/legality. technically that land over there is another piece of property and the power company would love to put power over there, but they would want a seperate meter and a separate bill of $21/ month whether i use anything or not. i shouldnt have a visible trench over there until after i get a certificate of oocupancy for the house. Right now i will be pressed to getting CO before the fourth. We may just have a few big extension cords accross the driveway.

Tree's. ..well you have one less because of me and Will:( breakn stuff is always part of the fun and most of the time its our stupid faults! Lol
And gotcha, just figured I'd offer;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bike?

jd,

what kind of bike do you have? is it a street legal one? the reason that i ask is that i have a dual sport (that is an "enduro" to us old farts). if you have a street legal bike then maybe we can do some rides around the area.There are a lot of interesting back roads (dirt and paved) up here and i dont get to ride mine very much because no one to ride with. Mine is a 5uzuki 650 which is way too big for the trails on my land, and way too big for things like shoe creek or even stoney run so i just stay on forest roads etc.

just throwing this out as possibility..... right now my ankle, leg, knee, feet, injuries have kept me from riding but i am starting to walk without cane so maybe by the fourth....who knows.

Back