GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek

Hahahaha. I realy hope you get it done Chris! My truck realy hates lower octain because of the tuner. My wife used it for a day and put regular in it and didn't tell me. O my god I though the top end was about to fly off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JD

The yeti is getting bigger and bolder...... the claw marks are about 2 inches apart and just on the other side of the road from the house. Oh yeah thats were i was going to put your camp!:D

Picked me up a little yetti protection today:D
20130210_163041_zps526d24d8.jpg

Yeti assualt vehicle!

Hahahha its pretty sweet.paid $400 for it.best part its got ac!!:D
Going to do a soa, blocks and some bigger tires, just so I can tow it with my truck.thats even with a drop hitch:(

It is a long way off but, we should be there.

missed opportunity

i was up there this weekend but had the wifes car with me so i didint get to play in the snow. Too much topo up here for me to be jack assing around in the escape....just getting in and out of the community was enough.

Attachments

• cabinsnow1130217.jpg
    cabinsnow1130217.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 225

i was up there this weekend but had the wifes car with me so i didint get to play in the snow. Too much topo up here for me to be jack assing around in the escape....just getting in and out of the community was enough.

Awesome pic!!! 4x4ing in the snow is so fun but bet up there it could be dangerous:eek:

What is that white stuff on the ground?

Been a while since I have seen any real snow, dam global warming!

BUMP!!!
i need to get on the ball:(times are getting very tough for me right now.hours are getting cut back more and more at my work and dont really know how much longer i may even have a job.damn military spending cuts:thumbdwn::mad:may be living in my camper before to long

I'm hoping spending cuts don't prevent me from getting the job I interviewed for. I'll make the trip depending on my work schedule and as long as my truck is geared with new tires by then.

incorrect good sir,

BUMP!!!
i need to get on the ball:(times are getting very tough for me right now.hours are getting cut back more and more at my work and dont really know how much longer i may even have a job.damn military spending cuts:thumbdwn::mad:may be living in my camper before to long

Maybe it has to do with selling your Honda, buying a sho, buying a ranger, headlights and other non go fast goodies are what's blowing your budget...
Have you considered how a stock (may as well be)ohv 4.0 V6 on 36's is gonna tow a pop up through the mountains?those 4.88's only count for so much especially with the al4d

all right guy a little update. i got a mess of parts and strated installing. have my kanwood nav unit installed and working. have my sway bar quick disconnects put in. my new trans pan with temp gauge in along with my second trans cooler . have my new to me rancho rs9000 installed(these things are sweet!!!) now to got time to put my waterpump and timing set in.

Maybe it has to do with selling your Honda, buying a sho, buying a ranger, headlights and other non go fast goodies are what's blowing your budget...
Have you considered how a stock (may as well be)ohv 4.0 V6 on 36's is gonna tow a pop up through the mountains?those 4.88's only count for so much especially with the al4d

Yea I've given up on haven the explorer ready.I've bought a set of off road tires for my bike.ill be driving the ranger and bringing the bike in the bed.o and headlights, tailights and windshield all are broken so have to buy new ones of those and if I can ever sell the sho ill make $1500 on the deal after the cost of the ranger.that's going to pay for the new heads and couple other goodies:) if I sell that within next week I may be able to do the swap in time

It won't be totally stock.it will have the 95tm (10.67:1) heads, cam and headers;) 4.88& 36 is about stock soooo..should tow just fine, its not like I'm towing a 5th wheel camper or like we are climbing the rockys

all right guy a little update. i got a mess of parts and strated installing. have my kanwood nav unit installed and working. have my sway bar quick disconnects put in. my new trans pan with temp gauge in along with my second trans cooler . have my new to me rancho rs9000 installed(these things are sweet!!!) now to got time to put my waterpump and timing set in.

Damn didn't know you was doing that much work.you get that 9 in yet?

Camp plans

well guys,
i am working on getting campsites ready. i am runing a electric to the other side of the drive. I should have 2- 20 amp branches and a half dozen receptacles. This might not power a big ac unit so you might need generator JD. i am laying out the sites with 20' parking spot and a 10x10 tent pad behind the spots. I am doing one space 40 'deep so you should be able to back in pop up then leave it there. There will be a few tables, .
and maybe a porta john.

On an unrelated note.....anybody want an explorer! I think i am finally throwing in the towel. The head gasket has been leaking externally for years....I think it just broke through to the combustion chamber causing me to foul out plug. i am leary of replacing gasket on one this old (bottom will go out). I dont know if i have enough spirit left to do an engine swap. i dont know what i am going to do..

i wish this would've happened before i just spent big bucks replacing hubs,brakes, calipers, axles, radiator, alternator, serpentine, battery etc etc.

any offers? any suggestions etc?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well guys,
i am working on getting campsites ready. i am runing a electric to the other side of the drive. I should have 2- 20 amp branches and a half dozen receptacles. This might not power a big ac unit so you might need generator JD. i am laying out the sites with 20' parking spot and a 10x10 tent pad behind the spots. I am doing one space 40 'deep so you should be able to back in pop up then leave it there. There will be a few tables, .
and maybe a porta john.

On an unrelated note.....anybody want an explorer! I think i am finally throwing in the towel. The head gasket has been leaking externally for years....I think it just broke through to the combustion chamber causing me to foul out plug. i am leary of replacing gasket on one this old (bottom will go out). I dont know if i have enough spirit left to do an engine swap. i dont know what i am going to do..

i wish this would've happened before i just spent big bucks replacing hubs,brakes, calipers, axles, radiator, alternator, serpentine, battery etc etc.

any offers? any suggestions etc?
I probably won't be bringing the pop up or explorer.more than likely ill be bringing the ranger and my bike.you got such an awsome place up there, can't wait to see the new grounds ;) but one question. ..did you install a YETI fence??:shifty_ey:shifty_ey

Sucks to hear about the exolorer.those bottom ends are pretty strong tho.I vote new head gaskets.

Back