Has Anyone Line-X'd Their Runningboards? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has Anyone Line-X'd Their Runningboards?

BOHICA1344

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT 4.0L
I'm torn on either replacing the faded runningboards or having them sprayed with Line-X. If anyone has done this, are there pics? And how is it holding up? I just can't slather them with Armorall since I have a toddler that likes to climb all over the truck. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used some rattle can Dupi-color truck bed liner spray on mine about a year ago. Still holding up fine. I climb on them, my 2 kids climb on them, my wife climbs on them.

painting%20trim%20-%20step%20painted.JPG

Plus the front and rear bumper trim has been sprayed and those still look fine as well.

I used this Mother's (Back to Black, I think) product just recently on my running boards and other black plastic parts - it worked well.
My plastics weren't terrible, but they were faded and bit grey - now they're all nice and black, not all shiny either, just black.
You just rub it on and then wipe away the excess.

I painted mine with Krylon Fusion satin black last year. After one winter it's holding up great.

That Dupli-color looks good. I just got a quote today for $150 to get them sprayed. Once I get them done I'll be sure to post some pics.

Bondo Restore Black

I saw a friend use Restore Black and it came out great. He's had it on his truck for about a year and everything is still black.

I tried it today on my running boards. It seems to be harder to apply than mothers back to black, but it should last longer. I hope.

I am going to try the Restore black as well. if that doesnt work, i will also be painting them.

Back