How to: - Removal And Installation Of 2015 Sport Intake Manifold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Removal And Installation Of 2015 Sport Intake Manifold

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Removal And Installation Of The Intake Manifold

I ended up doing this for multiple reasons. Installation of XDI +30% fuel injectors, installation of the X35Designs phenolic spacer, installation of the BBK 70mm throttle body, some heat management of the coolant passage underneath the manifold and finally, installation of my new port injection methanol intake manifold.

It isn't necessarily hard, just tedious and time consuming. I won't cover the injector install in this thread as that will get covered in another one, just the basic removal, prep and install of the intake manifold. I also performed the port matching of the phenolic spacer during this, but it is also covered in another thread.

Phenolic spacer thread: Got my X35 Phenolic Spacer...

Getting her ready:
ryFefDCK1sHsKQ?width=1024&height=498&cropmode=none.jpg

FWMzNjs3FsHtBw?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

Removal of the hood made it easier to access everything and wasn't hard at all. It only weighs about 20lbs:
3Qj_cR282elTw?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Here's part 01, removal video:

How it looks right after removal:
UT8dxp_nAtY-vA?width=1024&height=498&cropmode=none.jpg

Here's part 02, preparation video:

All prepped:
MrNtItfpNJFzA?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

At this point, I completed the swap-over of the components off the stock throttle body onto the BBK one. There's a spring in there and some clocking that is necessary...

Ready for the intake manifold:
PtRcALtOuyb7liA?width=651&height=641&cropmode=none.jpg

Here's part 03, installation video:

Got it going in:
ThxsSzUjT9gEQ?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Before Shot:
Gor2Zv0GKQNJyA?width=1024&height=498&cropmode=none.jpg

After Shot:
Bha2Sp5zaHJiA?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

And a side-by-side comparison:
lsU__rNQND5Cg?width=1024&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Thanks for the writeup. I added more time to your Elite account. You are now good until May of 2023 :D

Thanks for the writeup. I added more time to your Elite account. You are now good until May of 2023 :D

Damn, I'm really racking up that time, LOL. Thank you @Rick, although that isn't my motivation for doing these, it's nice to know it's offered...

Back