• Register Today It's free!

Heater Problem

HenriS

Reaction score
City, State
Johannesburg, South Africa
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4.0 XLT
My brother's '97 Explorer seems to have jammed its heater and this stays on the whole time except when the a/c is set to "Max". We have pulled the dash out as far as posibble but cannot get to the heater control valve. This is operated by vacuum I assume from the temperature control on the dash. Anybody had a similar problem? If so, how does one get to the @#$%&* valve without using a gas cutting torch? :roll:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heater Problem-Blend Door

Hi Thundertiger,
How do I search for "Blend door"? I am not to familiar with the web site.
Thanks
Henri

Why is this in the polls forum?

A Moderator needs to move this to the 911 forum.

isn't the valve back behind the glovebox?

lol, hope u all are patient! My truck has the same problem, ,, Henris-- when the heat is on can u control it or is it pretty much hot all the way no matter what setting it's on!? MY truck is about the same way, Max AC, it's cold, but if it's on any other option, it's sauna time!! :(

Hi guys. Thanks for the response and links. It looks as if the blend door repair as suggested by thundertiger may be the answer to the problem. I will let you know once I have pulled the guts out. Thundertiger, I am particularly interested in yours as you have a right hand drive and you cured the problem? Dlt, it is exactly as you explain. Check out the web thread.
Cheers

Back