Hi I'm new | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi I'm new

lorelei2011

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi I'm new here my name is Lorelei and I live on Vancouver Island in BC Canada. I own a stock 1996 Ford explorer which I got from my parents about about 2 months ago it's been in my family for 4 years.
I do plan on some mod's in the near future mainly a lift not sure how much of one yet kinda looking around the site to get some ideas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67942405@N07/6184362532/

Welcome to the forum! Clean looking truck! I have the exact same one just one year older. What kinda mileage is on the truck?

Thanks it's got 233,000km on it but it's runs and drives great it's been in my family for just over 4 years when my parents bought it at a car auction for $2000 I think it had roughly 180,000km on it then.

I got it 2 months ago after they bought another suv for my mom to drive and this one was sitting in the backyard so we traded them a travel trailer we payed $400 for because we needed a vehicle and they needed a trailer. I was a little hesitant to take it because I prefer driving a manual but I also wanted an suv so I decided to live with automatic.

I've had to put some work into it including a rear universal, my boyfriend replaced the drivers window switch cluster the windows would only work from the driver controls child lock seemed to be stuck on(works fine now), and my interior door handle because the drivers door wouldn't open from the inside.

It still needs a few things ball joints and rear springs but all in all it's way better then I expected because it had a hard life it did logging roads for the last 50,000km. I love it and I wasn't a ford person before due to a bad experience in the past but the explorer won me over and i will definitely buy another.

Oh and in the 4 years my family has owned it it has never had any major issues.

P.S It's not quite as clean as it looks the interior is filthy I'm sure you can imagine what 50,000km of logging roads dust looks like but little by little it's getting cleaner.

Back