Hit a deer last week... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hit a deer last week...

Last Weds. around dark as I was heading home from college (taking automotive courses), I was just about 1 mile away from home and bam! a deer jumps right out in front of me. I nail him going 60 MPH. Come to a stop, and check the damage. Surprisingly it did hardly any damage. Busted a driving light, bent the bumper 2 1/2 inches back on the drivers side and put a dent in the drivers quarter panel.... Thats it. As I looked down the road, the deer had flew accross the road and lay there colored red and lifeless..... This is the first deer I've hit since driving. I know its not a huge Whoops, but its something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah I have some pictures, let me get them. I almost forgot!

Ok

100_9743.jpg

100_9741.jpg

100_9739.jpg

You're lucky man, the last deer I hit cost me about 6 grand, of course that was in my mazda to say the least lol. Glad its not too bad. Those explorers are so tough. I miss mine!

Dang man glad you didnt do more damage than that, that probably wouldnt cost over 100$ to replace everything lol

Dang man glad you didnt do more damage than that, that probably wouldnt cost over 100$ to replace everything lol

Yeah I was really shocked hardly any damage happend, considering I was goin 60.

But I'm not going to replace anything. One of these days I'll get around to pulling the bumber back out. That will be all I do. I had to take the tan plastic valace off the bumber, it was rubbing on the tire.

Check out these pictures I found, pretty funny stuff!

poster96093439.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

'Scuse my french but HOLY SH*T! That trucks funny but that car is just down right gut churning lol

that´s some member´s car i think, i saw a post with those pics a while ago, i recall he said he wasn´t harmed, but all of the chopped deer over him made him look like a zombie attack victim, and the nurse or MD who saw him arrive to the hospital really freaked out.

whoops

I hit a doe a few years ago, I was going around 40. Zero damage to the truck, it just went under.

Some friends were behind me and the drunk ass riding shotgun convinced the driver to stop. He got out and tackled the doe. There are pics somewhere.

Back when I had my 1st Gen CRX I narrowly avoided a ~ 150 lbs. buck only to watch a new civic plow it at about 70 behind me. I pulled over and the guy pulled up behind me. Put a nice V shape in the front end of his car. He bought the car a month before which of course sucks. I thought it was funny how square he hit the thing though, giant V shaped dent busted Rad. cracked windscreen, the whole nine, I watched the deer fly about 10ft in the air in my rearview, landed on the side of the road. Adrenaline was pumping hard thinking how my car would have took that bad boy (1st Gens are only about 1500lbs compared to this guy's 08' civic at about 2500)

Horse anyone?

horsewindshield.jpg

Might as well revive this one too... :D

CLICK ME

that might hurt a little...

Back