how much for a thermostat?

matey

Aussie Dude
Reaction score
City, State
Sydney NSW Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Black 01 xlt explorer
how much do you think a thermostat for a 2000 4.0sohc would cost? ford isnt open today but another shop said it may be as much as 80 bucks which is rediculous anyhow if you can find out and send me one i can pay ya by that pay pal thingy thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your looking at maybe $15-20 for one.

can ya get me ben ? i will send ya a boomerang? :D

also if ya get an idea of what it weights for the post office just post regular mail :chug:

That's crazy! You don't have part stores where you live? A thermostat is a thermostat, you don't need a special kind or anything.

thats what i figured but the dude in the parts store today wasnt happy about being at work

I bought one at advance auto parts about a week ago for my '93 Limited. 195f degrees. Stant Superstat with lifetime warranty. It was about $4 american dollars.

if any ones got one lying around could you measure it and post it for me? if you take it out completly it leaks badly its about 3" diameter ?

I replaced mine about 2 weeks ago also. Advanced Auto for about $4 plus the $3 gasket!

They don't have a computer system to look this up?

hey guys, glad to hear that you all are shopping at advance auto parts. LOL. If you wanna look up parts from advance all you have to do is go to advanceautoparts.com or to partsamerica.com. they can ship you a thermostat. heck order two and save on shipping since you know in like 3 years it's gonna mess up anyway. that's why i say order two.

Too the best of my knowledge, the Aussie dollar isn't that much different than the Canadian dollar, in that case $80 sounds reasonable if it includes coolant and labor.

Back