How To: Leaf Spring Removal / Installation / Swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: Leaf Spring Removal / Installation / Swap

brackets and hangers?

THANK YOU for this write-up. I just finished switching out the monoleafs on my 99 Sport with a 4-leaf pack from an XLT. Looks and rides so much better now

Nice truck I got the same but 97. Was wondering if you used the hangers and brackets from the xlt or the original ones. I've pulled the springs off an XLT and wondering if I should buy new hangers. If I do buy hangers should I get the ones from the xlt or the sport..is there a difference even?
Thanks
keep calm Ford on

Nice truck I got the same but 97. Was wondering if you used the hangers and brackets from the xlt or the original ones. I've pulled the springs off an XLT and wondering if I should buy new hangers. If I do buy hangers should I get the ones from the xlt or the sport..is there a difference even?
Thanks
keep calm Ford on

Thanks! If I recall, I used the existing the existing brackets and hangers. I compared them and they seemed identical.

Great write up. Now I know what the metal plate is called. The Spring Plate that is. Mine are very rusty so getting them off will be a breeze with the insight.

Now does anyone know where to get the rubber grommets that go into the springs themselves. I changed my shackles due to severe rust and they came with the upper rubber mounts but the part that goes into the spring itself seems impossible to find.

Back