How to wire up shocking device on cd player | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to wire up shocking device on cd player

somebody just needs to figure out how to put a dye pack in a stereo with proximity detonation like the banks have. The dye pack goes off when you go out the front door of the bank. So they need to rig it up to go off when the radio gets 10' away from the car rendering the stereo uselss, the crimial's clothes soiled and easy to spot by police.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

somebody just needs to figure out how to put a dye pack in a stereo with proximity detonation like the banks have. The dye pack goes off when you go out the front door of the bank. So they need to rig it up to go off when the radio gets 10' away from the car rendering the stereo uselss, the crimial's clothes soiled and easy to spot by police.

That sounds like more trouble then its worth. It would also be a bummer if it when off by mistake while driving.
If I were a thief and broke into your car and got pricked by pins in the seat, I wouldnt run away...Id take a hammer to the windshield. Once again, more trouble then its worth.

If your radio gets stolen, buy a new one. Its expensive and inconvenient, but thats life and thats all you can do. Take the face plate off and dont leave anything of value visible in the car.

That sounds like more trouble then its worth. It would also be a bummer if it when off by mistake while driving.
If I were a thief and broke into your car and got pricked by pins in the seat, I wouldnt run away...Id take a hammer to the windshield. Once again, more trouble then its worth.

If your radio gets stolen, buy a new one. Its expensive and inconvenient, but thats life and thats all you can do. Take the face plate off and dont leave anything of value visible in the car.

Well sounds like you have more money than what to do with if you just be ok well ill just go buy another.. Not in your situation. Money just a tad tight. An if you was the theif then I would know I got you good an your ass is gonna be sore as hell an more then likely your thighs an your lil friend's down there. Broken window/stolen cd player that be worth turning into my insurance, not paying 500 for a 300 cd player. But thanks for everyones input

forget the pins...unless you want to demonstrate your acupuncture therapy seat to a judge. Most auto-burgs are the result of something tempting in plain view. Look through your windows, if you don't see anything worth stealing(a few dollars is all it takes), then chances are that no one will break into your car. Not that I would recomend it, but a rigged can of pepper spray would be very effective...

Well sounds like you have more money than what to do with if you just be ok well ill just go buy another.. Not in your situation. Money just a tad tight.

No, I just know the reality of the situation.

An if you was the theif then I would know I got you good an your ass is gonna be sore as hell an more then likely your thighs an your lil friend's down there.

And I would know I got a new radio and released my frustration on your windshield.

The long and short of it is if you think putting a trap in the car is going to make you feel better after your window gets smashed, dash gets messed up, and radio gets stolen, your wrong. Buy a cheap radio and take it as a loss if it gets stolen. Or, get better insurance.

Just hide your after market unit on your glove box or center console and keep the stock one in the dash... I know it sounds like a hassle, but the only true way to cure this is good alarm or move and thats still not 100%

... and where was it that YOU attended Law School?

I haven't, I'm only 19. I understand the law now that it's been mentioned, I just didn't know that was a law before.

It still seems kind of screwy to me though.

No, I just know the reality of the situation.

And I would know I got a new radio and released my frustration on your windshield.

The long and short of it is if you think putting a trap in the car is going to make you feel better after your window gets smashed, dash gets messed up, and radio gets stolen, your wrong. Buy a cheap radio and take it as a loss if it gets stolen. Or, get better insurance.

Guess we all have different views on this! But for someone to bust out a front windshield an dash, that would make enough noise to wake me up an my nieghbors. So that wouldnt be a smart move for the thief. I just happened not to be here that night an all they did take was my cd player which for even a beginer it should not take but a few mins to pull out if that.

Also have a 95 mustang, you have to lift the driver door up an shut it. Well last night around one heard someone shut a door twice like right after another so grab my lil beater, which is a tire billy club that truckers used to hit there tires. by the time i got to the door i heard it a few times an jetted out the door without even looking. An it just turned out to be my neighbor. I scared him going out like that. So If an when they do come back there best bet is to wait till im gone again cause kid or not ill show em some respect for others.. it wont be as bad if its a grown man but he will sure know not to mess around here esp with my stuff... But once again I understand all the issues i can face with things I do to my own property, an things i can face if i catch someone an do to em. Im just an easy guy to get along with an hard to upset but things like this i cant put up with. Guess thats just me

For the love of God can somebody just send this guy a new deck before he goes postal on the entire neighborhood. It's almost Christmas and I'm willing to bet someone has an extra cd deck in the old spare parts pile. :D

I was looking into a thing right after I had an issue with my 'Burban. I found a device that would chime is it sensed motion in the car. Three different tones so one for each car/area you want to monitor. The thiefs got my hide a key and although it only opens the doors, if they got smart and ground it down it would start the car. So I was pretty neverous, I pulled the fuel relay every night for more than six months. I was just waiting for my lease to run out as I was robbed three time in 1.5 years. North Las Vegas is a rough town!

if and when you buy a new deck do what I do and secure it into the car. The easiest way is to bolt some aircraft cable to the back of the deck run the other end of the cable through your dash, install the radio, pull the cable tight and bolt it to something solid. Theifs can't pull the deck out. Thats my security system. I do it to all my friends cars. One of my buddy's car got broken into and they stole everything but the radio. lol

For the love of God can somebody just send this guy a new deck before he goes postal on the entire neighborhood. It's almost Christmas and I'm willing to bet someone has an extra cd deck in the old spare parts pile. :D

Lol thats alright ill get another one, an my neighbor understands an I apoligized for startling them. but what is mentioned above this about the air craft cable thing is a good ideal. Anyways Hope everyone has a great xmas

Did you ever hear about the case where the burglar fell through a skylight and landed on a steak knife on the kitchen counter, and ended up suing the homeowner?

That's from "Liar, Liar" where the ol' lady is tellin Jim Carrey that story...sues for like 5 million and tells jim "was that fair".. he says "no, Ida got him 10..."

IMO, put an alarm on it and deal with the ramifications if they get away with it...

You can also call your local police department, sheriff, even your community watch programs...have them keep an eye out for stuff like that...

Shocking a kid half to death is asking for a lawsuit. Lord forbid if my kids ever decided to steal stereo's, but if they did and were shocked by some rigged up redneck anti-system, you bet I'd sue your lil' butt off.

Try calling the cops in a busy place, and tell them that your stuff keeps getting stolen, and that they need to start looking out for your things. They will laugh at you. If my kid was stealing radios and got zapped, that would just be the beginning of his problems.

No offense, but i see alot of vaginas in here.....

If you continually get your radio stolen, RIG IT UP.....because OBVIOUSLY the cops dont care.

Community watch programs ARE A JOKE!
(if they worked, the bad guys would be out of business!)

There are multiple ways to rig your stereo, or other parts in the car to shock.

Theres also a product back in the early-to-mid 90's, called Shellshock i believe....it was basically a product that made the entire exterior of your car like getting hit with 50,000 thru 500,000 volts.
(it gave you TWO warnings, if you touched the car again, it knocked you on your ass.)
(but the system became illegal.....pussy USA for ya! Its only legal in Africa i believe)

But there are ways to make a home-made system if you want to risk it.

Doing some deep google searches will show how.

-----

I understand the whole LEGAL-FEAR thing.....but that's rediculous....your basically BEING a victim on purpiose.

If ANYONE here knows criminal justice or criminal statistics...or even watches TV. You know ONE THING.
Thiefs are looking for the QUICKEST buck....meaning if they touch your stereo and get zapped(not knocked out, not killed), they WILL LEAVE, they WONT call the cops......they CANT sue for getting zapped if it caused NO DAMAGE! It will never hold in court....he DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE MONEY TO SUE or hire a lawyer in the first place!(because hes obviously stealing stereos....hes dead broke)

if you rigged your stereo to zap, you can EASILY claim it was intended to be a prank on your friends when driving.
(as long as its not enough voltage to kill.....even if you throw 50,000 volts, you could EASILY claim you didnt mean for the voltage to be that high, and that they CANNOT prove you were tyring to hurt anyone..especially anyone trying to break into your car.)

So everyone that thinks "hes gonna go lawsuit happy on your ass" is WRONG.
Just because he sues you, DOES NOT mean he's going to win, or even COME CLOSE.(since he was breaking into your car in the first place...likely the judge wont even hear his case, unless hes got serious injuries....which CANT be proven by getting shocked....unless its severe enough to cause burns, which is nearly deadly.)

I say rig the stereo...i wouldn't hesitate.....because its going to be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to prove your stereo shocked him...even if you rigg 500,000 volts in the sucker.....
(this is why electrical shock was such a useful way to torture people, because it usually never leaves ANY evidence or burn marks.)

Your not going to get sued...

The best idea and the most common sense one here, is also among the least expensive. You can get a flashing red LED for $1.49 from Radio Shack, mount it on the dash where it would be very visible to any wanna-be thief. A simple visual deterrent is often the most effective. Many times you can get a small left-over sticker from a car stereo or alarm shop to place near the flashing LED that states "Protected by a Clifford Alarm" or Viper or some other brand. You can also get the snap-in LED holders to make the "install" more professional looking for another $1.49
pRS1C-2266449w345.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So everyone that thinks "hes gonna go lawsuit happy on your ass" is WRONG.
Just because he sues you, DOES NOT mean he's going to win, or even COME CLOSE.(since he was breaking into your car in the first place...likely the judge wont even hear his case, unless hes got serious injuries....which CANT be proven by getting shocked....unless its severe enough to cause burns, which is nearly deadly.)

Your not going to get sued...

As Aldive asked before, Where did you study law sir?

Back