• Register Today It's free!

Hrmmm new tires yet?

theSkyWhale

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT
I measured where full tread would be (If I had it) to the close areas on the body and it looks like I have 2 inches to spare.

Wondering if I can fit 265s (currently on 235s)

Also probably putting on the RoadBully Strut Spacers soon, but will these give me less room on the back? Will putting these on make it impossible to put on 265s without a body lift?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Full size that I didnt post here cause it was enormous:
http://d.imagehost.org/view/0704/IMG_1659

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, Im new to the forum and actually never saw this.

But Ive heard a lot of mixed stuff about the size tires people have been fitting under there and it looks like it varies from X to X.

Ive seen some people that can fit 265s stock, and others who cant or who rub.

I was mostly looking for an opinion or an estimate based on how much room I currently have and what other people have experienced.

they fit

Alright guys, thanks for the replies, sorry for the n00bage.

My 265's clear fine with just a 1.5" body lift. They cleared fine stock too, just looked weird because they filled up the whole wheel well. So you'll be fine just running the RB spacers and 265's.

The treads on my tires are kind of aggressive so sometimes the corner of the tire would catch a flat piece of the bumper cover that sticks in on the very front of the fender well. Only did it at about 85% full turn though....and it was such a small piece that I zipped it off with the dremel tool and you can't even visually tell I changed anything really.

Here are some pics:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2575872&postcount=924

The back tire looks kind of close to that part of the fender well but I have not had any issues with it rubbing under flex.

I just got 265/75/16's and they fit fine. No rubbing, even at full turn. Only time it rubs in when i rocket over speed bumps LOL. installing a 2.25 lift up front this weekend so hopefully i get more clearance.

nonetheless, 265/70 will fit fine, 265/75 will fit, but might rub depending on how aggressive they are.

265/75's are taller

Back