I didn't do it! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I didn't do it!

crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

Late this morning, I was heading down Waverly road away from Saginaw. I was looking to get on the freeway so I could spend some money at Compusa. I was going well within the speed limit. It had been raining lightly all night and morning. I was minding my own business in the right lane with a bright green light. A BMW X5 was on St Joe by the Mobil gas station making a right turn on a red light (legal). He started to pull out, and I would have had to brake a little, but he hesistated and was too far out away from the white line. Well, instead of backing up or just going, he stayed there. At this point I slammed on my brakes. I sensed there was another vehicle in the other lane and there wasn't time to check if I could move over. So, I hit him. I'd say it was about 10-15 mph. My brakes and tires are in good condition so there wasn't anything that could have been done better.

The bad thing is that I got more damage than he did. I called a police officer out and he filed a report. The Beamer driver got ticketed, and I have his insurance and stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its never good when BMW picks on Ford like that. ;) :D

it looks like you have a chance to get those dog legs done, perrys fenders, diamind headlights and corners.

Sucks man but at least its not your fault!

^what he said...at least you won't have to pay

The bad thing is that he hit the wrng truck. This one has the good dog legs :thumbdwn:

I'm going to talk to my insurance tomorrow. For sure, it's going to go to a really good body shop like my Ford dealer :thumbsup:

BTW, how much do you think it would cost to get this all replaced/fixed at a reputable body shop?

Back