inch wider = inch taller? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

inch wider = inch taller?

for every inch wider wheelbase u go can u raise it up an inch and have it be basically as stable as it was before widening and lifting? start out with an explorer on 31" tires with stock wheels and a 3" body lift. widening the wheelbase 12" to 14".... a good 6" wider each side in the rear and 7" wider each side up front. will that compensate for raising it another 8" with suspension and an additional 2" of height from 35" tires. so 10" more lift total. will that even it out...?

it originally had the vacume dissconnect but now has one piece axles in it. now this hub conversion kit... by doing that i would be getting rid of the sealed unit, correct? and would that make it stronger... or jus make it cheaper to maintain it? cuz even though its $700/$800 bucks it might turn out cheaper in the long run. if i have too many problems the way it is now... but yer right the best thing is to just get it done and see from there. thanks for the info

dont know much about the warn kit other then it uses hubs that look exactly like the ones on explorers. I think they are the same but am not positive. thay may use the same wheel bearing setup as the explorers as well which isnt known for being the strongest. They have another kit that converts it to a 5 on 5.5 wheel pattern but I dont much about it

Back