Is enough enough or should I go for MORE??? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is enough enough or should I go for MORE???

Enough Enough??

• Enough IS enough leave it!

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Enough is NEVER enough go for more!

Votes: 50 87.7%

• Total voters
wha?

Rick, I'm curious as to why you went with resevoir-type shocks? You do alot of baja blastin'? Just seems like pricey overkill if you don't heat 'em up enough to use the extra fluid...I'm not sure if they allow more flex than other shocks, except your previous ones. :)

Mmmm too bad I don't have that much lift..I'd be asking about buyin' your leafs if you get new ones.

I don't see much alternative to coilovers- they're all the rage these days.

Make sure whoever you buy from gives you a discount and sponsors your truck and the site!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They looked good and I got them at discount :D isn't that a good reason?:rolleyes:

Rick go coil-overs in the rear this time! You got the cage now it probably wouldn't be that hard to integrate it into the suspension and the frame. :) If you do the rear that way then the next time you get bucks throw some on the front! At least this way you could get some travel from the rear....or more so.. :D

I would say coil-overs too. But it sure would be cool to see a diesel Explorer here!

Rick

what did you do to the control arms to get SSSSSOOOOOOO much wheel travel? My autofab doesnt drop even close to that :(

Originally posted by KEbert
But it sure would be cool to see a diesel Explorer here!

yeah I wish ford would put a diesel in a smaller truck again, Mitsu made an engine for the ranger in 85-86 and Ford did in 83-84

the coil over will be the third set up you've had in the front? (1 TTB 5.5"lift, 2 solid with bistlins, 3 coil over)

Actually 2 was solid with Rancho 9000s. Bilsteins weren't on there for more than a couple days. Just experimented and realized it needed the coil overs.

Back