Jegs Ranger Cage in Explorer

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Hey been searching for awhile and haven't found much. Was wondering if a jegs ranger cage would work in a first gen explorer. I know it would need a a decent amount of modification but I can get it pretty cheap. From the pictures it looks like I could just extend it back and add some gusseting for strength. It would of course need to be tied into my frame.

bingo

I have read about this over the years, you may find some info at the rangerstation about the jegs cage

it is a GREAT starting point, but needs mods to work, its cheap enough that plenty of Ranger owners have used it as a starting point and agree its a great route to take

Explorer will be similar, good place to start, its not going to be a custom fit, tucked up to the body style cage, but it will protect the driver in a roll over :)

bingo

I have read about this over the years, you may find some info at the rangerstation about the jegs cage

it is a GREAT starting point, but needs mods to work, its cheap enough that plenty of Ranger owners have used it as a starting point and agree its a great route to take

Explorer will be similar, good place to start, its not going to be a custom fit, tucked up to the body style cage, but it will protect the driver in a roll over :)

I figured it would be a good starting point. I think i'll pick it up. It looks simple enough to allow for some pretty decent modifications too :cool:

Back