BUCHVILLEMAN

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Buckville, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
95' xlt
hey guys,

i am building a bumper for a 99 xlt. i have a 95 xlt. the concern has been raised by the fellow im building this for (CG on this site) that the curve of the rear gate on his 99 has more arch than on my 95. I am using my truck as a base for my design. i dont have any access to a 99.

Can anyone confirm either that they are the same or that they are not the same? it would be very helpful and much appreciatted.

its my opinion that they are relatively the same but im not sure and i need to know before i proceed due to design reasons. we are trying to get the tire carrier as close the gate as possible.

THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!

gabe simpson

The tail gate is different, there's a post on here some where that shows the difference between the tail light lenses. the newer ones stick out a bit more. I'm sorry I didn't do a search, but the thread had pics. But... the bumpers were very much the same. The only difference was that the newer models put the license plate in the tailgate, but left the dimple in the bumper where the plate mounts used to be. What kind of bumper are you building? Some thing for offroad use? Tubular. I'm really interested in having one made. If you know any one in North NJ! Good luck

thanks for the info. im searching for that thread now.

i am making a limited number of bumpers now. i have made a few in the past for myself and locals but am starting to branch out and offer services to others.

i can build you anything you want. tube bumpers are easy. what do you have in mind?

Just some thing simple with a 2" receiver built in. I can always weld on some light tabs later. I'd want the receiver instead of a winch mount. I'd like, actually front and rear bumpers w/ the receivers. Then I'd get a receiver tray for a winch so I can move it front or rear. Thanx for your help!

Back