look what I got today in the UPS:) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

look what I got today in the UPS:)

2003vstrom

Reaction score
City, State
coldwater,michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited 4X4
this a brand new 2010 model, going to install saturday any one else get one of these?

DSCN0989.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have steering wheel controls? Let me know how well they work with the aftermarket radio. Thinking about doing similar myself, as my factory volume control is really giving me troubles now.

Looks good!

yes I do, I have the PAC SWI-PS interface coming so I can keep my steering controls, but I`m not sure it will be here when I install this head unit tomorrow, my Bluetooth unit will be here today, so I will have that when I install it, I also plan on adding the AVIC-U220 navigation its comes out, but you can preorder.

pioneer did great on there 2010 line and for what i seen its very cheep. i also like how the new units dont have clicking buttons, they have the touch sensative buttons around the edge of the screen. i have a d3 in mine and just put it in the other day, wish i could aford one of the z series tho.

0217001623.jpg

I bought the same head unit I love it, 7" screen touch controls, rear view camera, Sirius ready, 3 pre outs, USB in, screen savers, etc... great unit for the $$$ fits in the Gen II ex perfectly!!

It has been 10+ years since I went with a non Kenwood head unit... but I had a $500 budget and a few basic requirements (3 pre outs, biggest screen I could get) and ONLY Pioneer came through this time

yeah I had a kenwood ddx6019 and I added the garmin nav too it and loved it, I almost went with kenwood again but I loved the pioneer youtube video of how your able to scroll through songs like I do on my IPhone 3GS, thats what sold me on this unit, I havn`t gotten installed yet but I will tomorrow afternoon I will, I hoping my steering wheel control interface comes in the mail tomorrow, I will post up pics of it installed tomorrow night:D also I did get this unit for 429.00 shipped and it had the aftermarket dash install kit and the harness that matches up with my oem harness and the factory sub, included.

So jealous. I've got the AVH P4000DVD. It's ok but BORING. I want. Can you put a background on this finally?

yes you can, like 3 of your own backgrounds, and what ever else is on the head unit, :D

The new line is sexy, wish I could trade in mine for the newer one.

I got 2009 line- Avic 900BT. pretty good but i hate the start up time and the touchscreen is kind of a ***** compared to the D3 I had before moving up to 900BT (the touchscreen were more effective in D3 imo)

OH MY GOD! Big daddy wants one!!

a quick question? Im considering the video screens in the back of the headrests to entertain the grandbabies..... (honest lol) It sounds like this would be exactly the head for that. Is it??

I'm not big on the DVD decks. I had a Kenwood DDX7019, and I just found I never used any other features that I would use in a regular deck. I just sold my Kenwood and bought a nice premier single din deck.

i just got the p3100dvd a few weeks back. I love it. if you need help with wiring it so you don't have to put the ebrake on to view it let me know. its a peice of cake and will cost you about 6 bucks in parts

yeah I got it all installed today works good but, I have a few complaints, when I first start the truck up and I have the ipod(in my case my Iphone 3gs) the head unit plays my song at first for about 15 seconds then, then I lose sound, but the headuint is still playing the song, if I unplug my iphone and plug in back in and it works perfectly until I shut the head unit off, seems like the software has a bug in it, then the album art looks like crap on the screen but everything else looks sweet, I did use the interface for my steering wheel controls and that works perfect. I have the bluetooth adapter CD-BTB200 and I have a issue with getting my phonebook to show up and I made test calls to my wife and she said they sounded clear.here is the pic below I do have a gap on the sides but I`m going make a up a filler plate at work and it`s hardly noticeable when you are sittng in the truck, I used my old bracket off my oem radio for the front. you can can the color of appreance of the screens and the color of the buttons
000_0176.jpg

nice man, but I suggest you to get the dash kit so it would look complete.

I got a DD as well and I cant imagine it with out the trim ring, it would bother me ha.

I am tempted to get this unit lol.

yeah I do have the trim ring but it sits to tight against the radio and it won`t allow the screen to tilt like it should, and the kit I did get with the radio is made for my explorer it nice and close too the top and bottom, without the trim ring but if I put it on it won`t won`t allow the screen to tilt, like I said I will take some .06 sheet metal at work and make 2 small right angle pieces and attach them to the side of the radio and should fill the sides up nicely

also I just need to wait for the avic-U220 too come out so I can add the navigation to the unit

cool man, i ll be looking forward to the updates.

heres update of using the new unit, the Ipod/phone feature when you first start your truck with the iphone connected it starts fine and plays fine until the bluetooth connects then you lose sound but the head unit keeps playing, so you have too disconnect and connect your phone again then everything is fine, I did have to put in a voltage regualtor for the turn on amp wire I would get pop through the subwoofer when the headunit would power on, also I do have a few complaints, but its fine for right now, hope pioneer comes out with some software upgrades to fix the bugs and give you more choices of turn off the song display and album art, so you can see your custom back ground better, I`m not going to shell out anymore money for the add on nav until I know they will fix these issues, and with the bluetooth, I guess with the headunits with the bluetooth bulit in has more features like it gives you a actual dial pad on the headunit , with the cd-btb200 it doesn`t I think pioneer needs to come out with a better adapter, I`m going to see in a month or 2 and see if pioneer does, I might just off it buy a kenwood:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im getting a apline INA_W900 and the KCE_400bt, alpines bluetooth will actually work like it should with my Iphone 3GS, the guys I bought my pioneer PACIFIC STEREO from, one them has the same set-up above and he told me yes it does and 100% or money back, it actually up loads your contacts, I called Pioneer and they told me no one in the audio industry has bluetooth that would do that for the 3gs I call bs I told him Alpine can, but he sound like he didn`t care anyways with issues I was having, so end of this week I will have totally different system.

Back