Looking for mud in the Austin area? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for mud in the Austin area?

Well there is us two and we have a ranger friend here. Also txplates is in marble falls with his 01 sport trac so we really are already hanging out and want more Ef guys to hang out around here. So your welcome to come meet up with us the more the merrier

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea the guy with the comment about my truck he was in a exporer sport and i have seen a black 00 explorer sport on 33s with black wheels i gave russel my cell # this morning when i called him back. my mounty isnt doing so good at the moment got some issues with a miss fire i havent had time to have it looked at but with 390,ooo miles its on its last leg i know my fair share but its throwing a lean code i put in new motor craft plugs and new wires cleaned the maf sensor i idles like it has a fat cam haha sounds good but not good for it

Well we have a ton of diag equipment at the house we can figure it out for sure. We are in the middle of doing a reseal on the motor of a 93 and manual trans swap. So we are turning wrenches most of the day any way

South Austin just off Brodie ln

We're also planning on meeting at Hidden Falls Adventure Park on November 30th, near Marble Falls, which is pretty close to Austin.

Yea i am actually tearing down my truck its 2wd im gonna go ahead and do the sas and the rear axle d44 out of a scout and the full width 8.8 out of a bronco hopefully be done in 6 months or less and rebuilding the motor switching to carburated just gonna do it all at one

What kind of transmission will you go with when you switch to a carb system? The transmission you have now would become inoperable with a carb set up.

Well im on a budget and i hate fuel injection its cheaper and easier to run a carb if you know how to tune one. the trans will be a c6

When i used to live and work in Texas, (worked all over there), i lived in a small town east of Austin, (ELGIN) they used to have a group that got together and went mudding/crawling. There were a few places just outside of Elgin, of course i moved from there in 2006, so it may have changed.

Back