Looking for options for Brighter Headlights - 2022 Ford Explorer Timberline. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for options for Brighter Headlights - 2022 Ford Explorer Timberline.

Hi there - Being in my fifties, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be in my 20's or 30's. I find the Timberline headlights too dim. The high beams work great, but can't use those all the time. I noticed there was an off-road grill light kit. I'm not sure this is right option for me as I don't do much off-roading. I'm looking for brighter replacement LED bulbs or Headlamps? Has anyone done this? Do you know third-party sources?

I doubt that the "Off-Road Grille Kit" would be street-legal. The output of those lights is 2.5 times brighter than your high beams. As for brighter LED bulbs, I don't know. Most owners are happy with the lights as they are. Have you had the aim checked lately/ever?
https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/2...berline-off-road-light-kit-out-now-costs-499/

Peter
yeah, pretty much thought as much. They would probably be fine at night in rural areas, but not in the city. I'll try looking at the aim. Thanks.

Back