• Register Today It's free!

M o t

Bubbas

Reaction score
City, State
Walmer Kent England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer
Today was the day my ex was booked in for its mot,i was expecting the worse but no! passed! not even an advisory !.I have had my ex for a year and i have only replaced the ladder that controls the rear air shocks.Its done 105.000 miles and is just starting to give a little rattle so i might treat her to new chains.:):):):)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good to hear it went through o.k. cheers chris

Excellent. Congrats. Hope I have the same luck in 3 months.

Whoop whoop

:chug:

nice one! did mine too last week .had the explorer over 2 years and changed nothing so far its all still good (and ive treated it badly to be fair) it dosent have an easy life

Hi to everybody,
Long time since I have posted - greetings to all the old friends on the forum and hello to all you new guys. Haven't had much chance to do anything much for quite a while due to business commitments - hopefully, things are getting better now and I will have more time.
My trusted Ex failed the MOT a couple of days ago - rear spring shackles turned out under the underseal to be just layers of rust - how they have held out with the loads I have been carrying is a miracle. Anybody any suggestions as to where to source new ones? I gather they are not easy to get, or is my supplier just being difficult.
Surprising how much you miss your Ex if you can't drive it.
Richard

Thanks for your prompt response, Howard, and apologies for my lateness in thanking you. My garage got them in a couple of days through the local Ford dealership who found them in stock in Plymouth. Surprisingly, price was about the same as Rock Auto at £13 each. Wish I had known about Kevin P shackles - Ford ones look rubbish - very thin. Going to give them a good dose of Waxoyl when life gets a bit quieter! However, they are now fitted and I am through the MOT - just needed rear pads and one bulb.
Richard

At least you are back on the road. The kevin p shackles are very good. I have them fitted and they make the x look a lot meaner. He also does a bracket to adjust the self levelling suspension. A project for later on eh.:D

Mine just sailed through its MOT today! I'm so happy

Yup Kevin P shackles are the dogs do dars- that man is a real bonus to this site and all of us who had had them! They are made very well and trust me are STRONG!

PM him and order a set, he does stock height and bad boy size also- I got the bad boy ones and did a torsion twist to raise the front to match....Lovely, she now looks as mean as a terrible case of PMT!!!

Back