• Register Today It's free!

making arm rests

EliteRaven

Reaction score
City, State
Ravena NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 2dr Explorer XL
Well I have pretty much have given up on finding the arm rests/door handles for my 2 door 92 explorer. I am thinking about fabricating a pair myself. has anyone done this and possibly saved schematics or has any good Ideas any help would be appreciated. Closing the doors by holding onto a broken piece of plastic is gettin really old.

Len

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Junk yards here in Denver have plenty.
What color do you need? Drivers side?

Maybe I'll get one for you and then you pay me for it???

Email:

jamiefortune@lerchbates.com

speaking of junk yards...do ya think you could look for a overhead compass? pretty please? PM me if ya can

Door Panel

I've been having the same problem as yourself trying to find door panels for my 94 sport. Found some new ones for $400.00- $600.00. The interior is gray, exterior black. I was able to find a door panel that had the door handle and the surrounding area that was black. I melted the old handle and surrond off of both and reaffixed the new black to my grey door panel, and it turned out really nice. Now, I have to find a passenger black surround so that I can get the pass door panel to match. But, during my search, I found out that the door handle and surround are the same on the 4dr. which may be easier to find.

seems like all the ones I find dont match up because my truck is the base model aka no power anything. which is kinda a good thing it means theres less stuff to go wrong. the post about the yard in AZ I would be very interested if you can get ahold of the arme rests for a 92 2 door plain jain no power stuff at all my truck is tan on the inside but black would work too. just lemme know how much it would cost. $ is kinda tight right now woman just left and took my 96 jeep grand cherokee and left me the damn bill so I = poor as heck. thanx in advance for any help.

Len

Arm rests and door panels on the earlier Explorers seem to be a big problem. I get all my used/new and aftermarket stuff from www.bigmountain.net

The reason I mention this is because they are looking into designing new, reinforced door handles and arm rests for Explorers that will be stronger and last. Send them a note letting them know that you are interested. They specialize in Early Bronco's and Explorers, but they are looking to cater more towards Explorers. For the time being they have or can get you whatever you need; believe me, it's something they keep a good supply of. Hope this helps.

hey i treid the web site and wouldnt come up. is it the right address?

Big Mountain

www.bigmountain.net is their correct address, although you may want to call or email the company. They are working on their website, so they do not have a complete list of everything they have. I have emailed them in the past and received great responses from them.

Back