City, State
Waynesboro, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
i have a 00 5.0 and I’m wanting to get more power I already have
Obx headers
Deleted the rear cats
2.5-3.0 exhaust
E1017p roller cam with Lrv9300 valve springs (HO cam)
Flat top pistons
.30 over
Bw4406 transfercase swap
Sct tuner
Drop in k&n
Thanks for the suggestions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have all the standard bolt ons. Time for a hair dryer.

How did you like the OBX headers? I went with cast iron.

Hair drying is fun Yeeyeee

Blower, Turbo....or maybe a Mustang?

what about aluminum heads? You can make some good power with head upgrades on these 302's

better yet, how light are you willing to make your wallet. trying to make these trucks fast,or get more power out of them isnt for the faint at heart

I wonder if a set of gears would accomplish the goal?

devil.gif
Stroked, Blown 349

100_1851.jpg

That output is from Desktop Dyno, was fun to play with, but the output was around 12% to the optimistic side (measured at the flywheel). This old build of mine was designed to be torquey, not a spinner, running a mild cam, big heads, headers, 9lbs. and was in a Bronco. I towed with it and played 4X4, it later became a rock crawler, the low end torque served well with ZF 5 speed, Atlas II, 5.38's, on 40's.......................scuse me....won't go on.

This is a 351W with headers and the same cam. It should be very close to the 349 for output.
dyno-121812.jpg

These Explorer set-up are constipated, good headers make more sense first before heads or other exhaust work.
You got a good start on your engine build but what gearing are you running and wheels?

Does the tuner allow for transmission tuning? More aggressive shifting, later, harder???

Back