Mounty Mods? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mounty Mods?

I like that Pioneer but I want navigation. Actually I think the Camaro was formed by mixing the Mustang and Challengers poop:) That's why it's called a Crapmaro:D

Edit-Your second link didn't work. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does that mean the camaro has German Engineering?

I don't like navigation. I had one once and it kept trying to kill me. I would be driving down the highway and that lady voice comes on and tells me to turn right, and most of the time the only thing on the right was a large ditch, but once it was a concrete barrier.

Heres a pic of my interior. I also have the touch screen in dash unit. Let me know if u want a pic of that.

DSC01005.jpg

That is the first time I have ever seen one of the center consoles in place of a seat. I think I might get me one of those! Was that swapped from another vehicle? I know I have passed threads about swaps but never read them. I didn't know what they were talking about.

A picture of the touch screen would be nice.

I am going out to get pictures of my car before it rains. I will have them up shortly.

the center console is from the limited edition explorer, so its a direct bolt in. just make sure u get the seat belt adapters

Never tried it, computers are my 3rd life lol, but WAY too much if I was driving, My ipod, and headunit do the job :D

But the only way would be is to get the converters to turn the VGA into the RCA for the input on the headunit as long as it had the inputs, im not sure if those carputers come with VGA outputs, or RCA's.

That headunit looks good though, make sure you selected your mounty on there so they can send you all the free ****

Well I could build my own carputer. I don't know if it would really be worth it though.

Here are the pics. Sorry they are late.

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

Now in the last picture I have the seats all down and I was kind of wondering if there is some way I could pad the back of the seats and make this the coolest shaggin' waggin ever?!

LOL, throw mud on the inside door to look like a badass:) Ride looks good dude. You know what I hate though? The side pillars all around that have the damn clear come off and the rear panel is split. Mine is the same as yours but my side pillars are faded worse. This summer I am going to learn how to paint and clear;)

Since your Mounty is already tan, why not go for a King Ranch look with the seats? A little lift and some 265's, you're golden.

I posted the story of that mud on a different thread. That day was pretty fun up until I got stuck. I was trying to get it out, and the mud took my shoes then my socks. While working on getting it out I stepped on three or four different thorn bushes. I ended up having to walk to the highway three miles away so my dad could find me and pick me up. The tractor couldn't make it to where I was either. I had the poor Mountaineer stuck for 11 days. We had to shovel it out. I also broke my heater. It only puts out cold air.

I think I am just going to spray the pillars with bed liner, and for the tailgate I saw somewhere on here that the 06+ one would fit, and it doesn't have that bit of plastic.

Wow I love the 2008 king ranch seats!

Looks nice man, i wish i could afford one lmao.

My panels need to be re-painted too lol

I know about the cold air and 11 days, I've been trying to help you in that thread!!!! Maybe your brain is frozen?;) King Ranch interior smells like a baseball glove!!! It would be cool but I have NO idea what an upholstery shop would charge to do something like that. You should get it done and brand HOLYCHEST in the seat.

I really wish I had the skill to weld up something to make the pillar area flush.

These things are starting to get pretty cheap, you just have to keep your eye out for them. I got this from my sister for a little over $8k. I have had it for six months and just reached 75k miles.

Oh sweet Jesus. I am sorry about the retardation. I wasn't really paying attention at all. Now I feel like I need to go to the special school.

Oh so anyways heres my ideas, probably very costly, but hey you wanted to know haha:

-8000k HID's, w/ 3500k Fogs
-Murder it out, flat or glossy, id do glossy, flat just takes the classy look away lol
-Billette Grill
-Blacken the headlights, like that murdered mounty, not the lens, but the inside
-Radio, speakers, sub, already gettin all that though
-Limo tint in the back windows, and rear doors/quarter panels
-Chrome door handles/gas cap (if you murder it)
-Get a nice chrome tip for your exhaust
-Strip all the badges/emblems
-Get rid of the bumper lights, either paint over them, or fill them with bondo
-MAYBE paint the chrome bars on the taillights glossy black?
-Get a billette insert for that space under your grille, behind your front license plate
-Get rid of the roof rack...if you dont use it.

Thats really all i can think of for now...
Hope that gives you a few ideas,

OH! Are you gonna keep your rims/tires, or maybe get a bigger set?
Id get 20's at least, something simple, like 5 spoke or the 5 split spoke ones, chrome, or glossy black, all depending on if you paint the truck flat or glossy.

HIDs would be great.
Glossy looks great, but I am probably going to go with the flat black. I have an old buick that I am going to start working on this year as well, and I want to have a theme going.
I am up in the air about the grill.
I love the headlight mod. I will probably never see anyone with that done in person, so for my area it would be originalish.
Tint is a definite must. Especially for a shaggin' waggin! :D
Along with the chrome tip I would like to install a flowmaster.
Stripping the badges would look nice, and probably will happen.
Bondo would wear out too fast, but maybe some fiberglass?
I was actually thinking the same thing about the painting the chrome on the tailights. I am still bummed that I can't black them out.
I don't use the roof rack often and I would love to take it off, but when I do use it it is certainly handy. That is going to be a tough decision.

I am going to have to start saving up. I don't really have much in the way of a set time frame, and I have expenses out the ass! :( Everyones help is making it a little easier to put down on paper.

As for the seats. I want to pad the back of them with something like memory foam. My issue is the sliding board on the back of the third row seat. I was thinking about fabricating some hinges so that instead of sliding into place I could swing it into place. I am not sure how to get everything flush though.

I want to keep everything as black as possible with the exception of some well placed chrome. That being said, I love my Buick's moon rims.
DSC01161.jpg

I don't know how ridiculous that would look though.
Chrome or powder coated black?
White wall?

you guys know the black panel where the clear chips are removable. when i got t boned in my mounty i pulled mine off my old doors so i could keep the chrome peices. just pull them off and drop them off at a paint shop im sure they will do them cheap. they will probably hold up better too

Oh I know. I discovered that yesterday by accidentally breaking the panel off of the front passenger side door. Oops. I don't need to drop it off at a paint center though. In three weeks I should be back in the shop at my school, and they just upgraded everything. I've got the equipment and skills, and the best part is that everything I do to my projects gets me higher grades! LOL! I need a little inspiration and idea generation. I want something that will stand out when I am driving around. I am not kidding when I say that there are eleven different mountaineers the exact same color as mine, not to mention all the other ones.

But just so I don't sound completely retarded, I am pretty sure that it was already broken at the top... I just kind of finished the job. It looks like a real pain in the ass to get to those screws.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a little late, sorry limited02, I completely missed that post. Baseball gloves smell sexy. Maybe it is because of this dream I have been having about the hottest cowgirl in stunning leather buttless chaps bending over and let me brand her with Holeychest.

Back