Mustang 4.6 Throttle Body Problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mustang 4.6 Throttle Body Problems

Vishnoff

Reaction score
City, State
Springvale, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
98, XLT
So I just purchased a Ford 4.6L throttle body for my Explorer. The throttle body bolts up perfectly, but my TPS unit does not bolt on correctly to the new throttle body. The throttle body did not come with a TPS and the bolt holes on the mounting plate do not match my TPS. Does anyone know of an adapter or anything that I can use to mount my TPS on the throttle body?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to get the right TPS, I dunno if your Tbody is for an SOHC OR the DOHC. You have the 4.0 I take it.

Its an aftermarket oem replacement for a mustang 4.5l throttle body. The bolt pattern is correct, and the unit mounts fine. I was under the assumption that the mustang unit and the explorer unit use the same TPS. Aldive my TB looks just like yours, except there is a black plastic mounting plate where he TPS mounts. If I take the plastic plate off the TPS still will not mount, the bar that turns inside the TPS is way too long.

Post some pictures.

Back