My $40 KKM - pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My $40 KKM - pictures

How did you connect the MAS to the intake tube on yours? I had a cone filter on mine orginally, and the end of the intake tube is like 5 or 6 inches, the mas is 3' inches. and looking at the pictures there is not adapter at all?

Any idea on how to connect the 2?

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My intake tube is only 3 inches. However, I didn't do anything with the MAS. Mine just bolts onto the end of the factory MAS houseing.

which K&N filter?

I am planning on doing the "grate" mod but want to use a K&N filter instead of KKM...only prob is that I don't know which to use...
It is going on a 94 X. Any ideas?
Thanks-
Justin

Any K&N that will fit your Grate will do.
Length of the K&N should be 7". Diameter of the K&N cone should have a 3"

Nathan

Hmm.. Too bad the pictures don't work anymore.

I'd like to see what you did so I can fab one up myself.

Hoses?

my 94 has two hoses that attach to the airbox.
Anyone know what I am supposed to do with these? As far as I can tell, the powerstack filter doesn't have an area on the end where I can move the piece that they attach to from the stock box...
What are these even for?
Thanks!

I wantto make my own pipe as wel and give it a try, but for some unknown reason those pictures won't show on my PC only the filter will come up.

Thanks for the idea!!!

I got the stuff and did the job!!

Air Intake Pics.

Pics are at the bottom.

I used a 3 - 4 inch grate, but it worked out just the same...

I planned on doing a Snorkel and needed to get the air box out of the way for an Auxilliary battery...I read this thread three times then went to Home Depot!

Once again, thanks!

I can't see the pictures... all I see is a red X in a square box. Do I need to be an Elite to see this.

C'mon man! Not fair!:(

looks like the site that hosted the pictures is gone or down.

it worked for me may be you have a slow connection there is a lot of pics. may be you should put em on different pages dude ?? nice set up

Originally posted by williecume
looks like the site that hosted the pictures is gone or down.

The link in my post is up 24/7.

This is wierd, i just used the same exact setup tonight to make my own intake, and adapter.....crazy

my $20 dollar kkm intake

cheap imitation :-D

Works great

tried to search on the web at lowes and home depot for the grate and can't find it anyone know the part number or have a link thanks

Robb said:
Is that a KKM? Or a cheap imitation filter?

Let me fill everyone in on soemthing, all and i mean all open element air filters are the same, there is not 1 that is better than the other, that kkm is just a name on a regular filter, just cuss it says mac or aem or kkm,apc, there all the same,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back