My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!!

I traded in this: (99 XLT 2" TT, War153's, 1" body lift on 33's)
picture.php

For this: (2000 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer) on 8-28-2009
picture.php

Mods so far:
Clear corners
Knock off of magnaflow muffler dual 2.5" in single 2.5" out
Mac Intake
Vent visors
Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
Removed Air Ride
4406 Manual T-case

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Records:
Purchased 08/28/2009 With 109,000 Miles-Im the 3rd owner
09/04/2009 New front brake shoes and rotors
09/04/2009 Motorcraft Plugs & Wires
09/11/2009 Flushed out Coolant
09/18/2009 Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
09/24/2009 Seafoam Treatment
04/15/2010 Installed JVC Deck
04/19/2010 Replaced Outer Tie Rods and installed camber adjusters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks ya you should definatly get her off the ground. I installed my add-a-leafs and hella's lastnight. I'll get some pictures when the weather clears up.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i'll be interested to see pics with your add-a-leafs! I know mine really picked up the back of mine. Now I just need to order shackles and crank the t-bars.

Russ its looking good! i might have a deal on some used 33 super swampers so not sure if 1in BL would be enough for those. Got a good deal on a used set of 4.10s so once those go in and get re-tuned ill be lifted and locked.

Russ its looking good! i might have a deal on some used 33 super swampers so not sure if 1in BL would be enough for those. Got a good deal on a used set of 4.10s so once those go in and get re-tuned ill be lifted and locked.

Thanks man! Nice! 1" body lift might be just enough, My 33's only rubbed a tad on the front inner wheel well with the sway bar off on the trails...

Like the new lift! Looking good! I like the herculined fender flairs but I'm not too sure about the body color on the bumper. I think if you herculined that part instead it might flow better... excited to see pics either way though!

Truck sure is looking good, as shined up as it is in those pics, its almost like it would have been an Explorer ad back in the day.

Well guys I'm going to lower it down to stock again. I don't have the time anymore to take her out so there is no point in having a lifted truck...I'm just throwing money away rolling on those 32's After it's stock again torque monster headers and a tuner are on the list :)

parts that are coming off it will be up for sale:

procomp aal: 15.00-SOLD
warrior shackles: 55.00 Bought for 79.99-SOLD
hella 500 lights: 40.00 Bought for 75.00
1" body lift spacers: 25.00 Bought for 40.00-SOLD
cobra cb with hood mount, 4ft antenna and 2ft antenna: 50.00 Bought for 100.00
265/75/r16 maxxis big horns with 5000 miles: 500.00-SOLD
all the things listed above are less than one year old!

AAL are mine, if cost is lower than me ordering them new.

If he doesn't get the AAL for some reason then I would like them and have paypal.

I'm interested in the body lift spacers and warrior shackles!

That sucks about having no time.. I know how you feel. I just have to say though I don't think anyone's trucks have ever gone through so many suspension changes as yours have lol.

I'm interested in the body lift spacers and warrior shackles!

ok im going to start working and hopefully finish it tomorrow. Ill let you guys know when I have everything off.

Be prepared to do some denting of your floor to get that 4406 to clear without the body lift, that was the only reason I even did it was to clear the giant case easier.

Yeah luckily I dented the floor in before I put it in just in case. Lets hope I dented it in enough!

alright 7 1/2 hours later and she's done! drives 90% better than it did this morning. only problem is it feels like it's miss firing when your sitting in it at idle...im wondering if the transfer case is touching somewhere sending the vibrations of the engine through the body?

took care of the vibration....the linkage was just barely touching the body so I jammed a screw driver in there and bent it in :) now time to tint the windows, 5.0 emblems and remove the rear cats. Torque monster headers and a tune are coming tax return time.

Back