My turn for the RCD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My turn for the RCD

Guys with the RCD kit: What size camber adjusters did you have to use with the kit? Are stock ones fine or are 2* ones needed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

boominXplorer said:
Guys with the RCD kit: What size camber adjusters did you have to use with the kit? Are stock ones fine or are 2* ones needed?

I did not need to use camber adjusters. I had mine aligned and it is within factory spec's.

Guys how much is the RCD kit going for now adays? I am having a hard time deciding wether to deal with the old design of a drop bracket kit or to go with coil overs and get rid of my stupid torsion bars. Boomin you got to hook me up with a deal :D
Also i was wondering if we need a new front drive shaft with the RCD kit?

2500 is what i was quoted

Norad said:
Guys how much is the RCD kit going for now adays? I am having a hard time deciding wether to deal with the old design of a drop bracket kit or to go with coil overs and get rid of my stupid torsion bars. Boomin you got to hook me up with a deal :D
Also i was wondering if we need a new front drive shaft with the RCD kit?

my driveshaft went after like 800 miles, ended up buying a superlift shaft

I can't do too much about getting you a deal but if you guys know how much I paid for my kit you would be pissed.

For the front driveshaft you have 2 options after the stock shaft. You can do the superlift one or if you have a V8 you can swap in a 4406 transfer case from and f150 and use one of their front driveshafts. The F150 one bolts right up.

Here is the pics of my new SOA setup (shock mounts and top u-bolt plates) and my glass fenders on.

fenders_001.jpg

fenders_002.jpg

fenders_004.jpg

fenders_005.jpg

fenders_006.jpg

fenders_007.jpg

or get a shaft custom made with an adapter for the 4405

attachment.php

-Drew

Forgot this pic, and yes they are 35's

fenders.jpg

Chris do you have any spindles left? I need one BAD! a passenger one. Please let me know ASAP if you do, either PM me or get on aim.... Thanks

Looks great Boomin. :thumbsup:
boominXplorer said:
I can't do too much about getting you a deal but if you guys know how much I paid for my kit you would be pissed.
Yeah, the place that my work gets all our parts from just started carrying RCD kits. Last time I checked the price, it was well under what a lot of the guys on here were getting quoted/paying. Doesn't help me though since I don't have a 2nd gen for it to go on. Ahh well, atleast I've got an SAS. :D

sweet jesus truck nuts, i didnt think anyone was stupid enough to buy them but i stand corrected

wow time for some 37"s??? that looks awesome

sikamikanico816 said:
very very curious on how the ride differnce is now with coils. how is it?

They are not on yet in the pics. I still have about 2 weeks till I can install my kit.

Boomin do you think that you have enough clearance to run 37's? Where do you all think that I may be able to get the best deal on an RCD lift? Also Boomin do you think that 33's with the lift would look bad?

bmxking5 said:
Looks great Boomin. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the place that my work gets all our parts from just started carrying RCD kits. Last time I checked the price, it was well under what a lot of the guys on here were getting quoted/paying. Doesn't help me though since I don't have a 2nd gen for it to go on. Ahh well, atleast I've got an SAS. :D
would this place happen to be keystone, if so im in luck, hehe

Yes it is, but after boomin told me the price he paid (in a PM), the price has changed since I last looked at it. It was about 250 dollars more than what he paid. I still can't believe he scored that kit for that price. :eek:

4.10's with 35's? i would imagine that gear isn't low enough, i have 4.56's and 33's, and its a little too low, but if i had 35's i bet it would be perfect. you have a 302 tho. thats just my .02

since you will have 4wd again, i'd imagine you're going to wheel this thing. you'll want to keep your truck lower to the ground or else they get kinda tippy. if its just for mostly show, then the body lift makes ur truck look like it has egnourmous lift, so keep it. next spring when i sas, i'm going full width to offset the height gain, but even then i might take out the body lift. so thats my total other .02

but rcd... BADASSSSSS! i'm pretty jealous. what is the total travel on our trucks with an rcd kit? i know stock we only have like 9inches or so.

For the gears, I had 4:56's before with 35's and for highway driving in the v8 it sucked gas (I like to keep it around 80 :p). I ended up trashing the spider gears and trashing the R&P so I got another whole axel in there now with 3:55's. Beleive it or not I am running 35's on 3:55's and I personally dont think its that bad. 4:10 seems to be the way to go and also I dont feel like running a notched cross pin.

I wheel the **** out of my truck and with the wide wheels 15x10's with 3.25" of backspacing I feel well footed. I have had my drivers side front wheel about 2-3 feet off the ground coming out of a ditch and she didn't lay over but I think I have tested some limits.

My truck is show for my work and also my weekend warrior. I have alot of things I am slowly adding to make the truck more capeable. I put in my onboard air and 5 gal tank yesterday. Soon to come is custom front bumper with winch, front and rear lockers and manual 4406 transfer case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think with the v8 gears are overated, my truck does really well with 33s and 3.73s, i still get 16 mpg

Back