Soon to be Lifted via RCD!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Soon to be Lifted via RCD!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually I left the front driveshaft connected to the transfer case during the install and I actually test drove it with the front driveshaft all connected. After driving it and getting the vibration I decided it was better to remove the front driveshaft. It may have just been my u-joints in the rear. I will reinstall the driveshaft this weekend and post pics of the wicked angle. I still have to find a set of Bilstein rear shocks, I really liked the ones (Bilsein 5100's) that came with the kit but they were too darn long. They were nearly fully compressed when installed. I am going to call bilstein and see if they make a shock that is slightly longer then stock with a bar and pin upper mount setup. If anybody is running longer Bilsteins in the rear please let me know! Thanks

Was your front driveshaft at a worse angle than mine? see my thread page 8

I know it's not the best angle to look at it by but here so you don't have to go look:
p10102237bx.jpg

The angle at the front differential does not seem too bad but the one going into the transfer case is horrible. Sorry I dont have time to post pics, I will definately get them up this weekend!

My front driveshaft does not have a boot on it so that it can extend.

lets see some pics of the whole truck.

LOL that pic is my truck...

I was just trying to show him what the angle was on my front diff.

He will get pics this weekend.

sweet looking forward to it. Yours(r37ribution) came out really well.

adarkang lets see how it came out?

thanks SkanlaxJMO

Here are some pics of the truck! I didnt happen to snap any of the front driveshaft though. Sorry!
825136_25_full.jpg

825136_26_full.jpg

825136_27_full.jpg

825136_28_full.jpg

825136_24_full.jpg

Oh yeah the black truck is my buddy's 87 Chevy full size blazer with 33's and a 6" suspension lift!

NICE!!! Throw some 35's on that thing!!!

Thanks! I dont know about 35's but I definately want to go to 33's I wish bfg made an All terrain in a 34

looks great :thumbsup:

hell yeah dude....so hows it feel? hit me up sometime lets go wheeling up 23 sometime

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's awesome! The only problem is that front driveshaft. I put a new u-joint in on saturday and bolted it back up, then I drove it on the highway (70 mph) and all of the sudden it started vibrating like crazy! So I slowed down to 62 and it stopped. I removed the driveshaft and now it doesnt vibrate. I am planning on going tomorrow to the custom driveshaft place and see what they can build me up. Thanks for all the compliments! Where abouts on 23 do you wheel? My girlfriend lives at m-5 and 96 so that's not too far from 23. Let me know.

Back