Navman laptop GPS

sk1er17

My "Jeep Thing" itches...
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
Has anyone used the Navman E-Series GPS for laptops? Im putting a laptop in my X (BTW: i found a mounting bracket for $50!!!!, its just like the ones for $200+).

Anyway- i saw some people on here are buying the radioshack gps units for $99 but no-one bought a navman yet. Ive found them a few places, the average price after shipping is $140.

Let me know if you guys think this one is good. I want a unit where i dont have to buy a lot of additional software, i want to be able to watch the dot move on the screen of my laptop :D , and i want velocity and data like that.

Thanks

Oh: heres one on ebay
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, ok since no-one has any advice on this subject im going to be a dare-devil and get it.... then ill post the first review on this product and let you guys know..

I recomend anyone with a laptop to hook it up in their car and get this GPS... its awesome and extremely accurate. Much cheaper than handheld ones too and ur laptop and infinite more memory!!

Glad you are enjoying it! I use a Earthmate GPS with Delorme software and I am happy with it also. I am looking into getting some topographical software so I can get navigation on forest roads.

I've been looking for something like that! I really like the looks of that. I may just have to get one! Hey sk1er17, where did you get your laptop mounting kit from?

I got it off of ebay for $50--- but when i got it i realized i couldve made it from parts from home depot for around $20

Back