• Register Today It's free!

need cool new seats...

rama1200

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xls
I'm looking for cool (clean) new seats for my x... mine is the lowest level xls.... so it has a rocking chair for front bucket seat.... I know that other explorers' seats will fit... probably mercury lincoln... what about other makers, lexus, or even ford expedition for example....

I want to go to a junker and look for some volvo seats or something nice lectrical... etc...

any suggestions?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think some cool seats out of an eddie bower or a limited would work. i dont think going to volvo seats would be too good. sure they would be "Off the hook" but i think they would take wayy to much to install. Lincon navigator or aviator seats would bolt in im pretty sure. since they are the cousins of ours. Ive been thinking about new seats as well. I think the easiest would be to grab some nice ones out of an eddie cause they would bolt right up. And i think all the plugs for the power seats would be their, right?

i think some cool seats out of an eddie bower or a limited would work. i dont think going to volvo seats would be too good. sure they would be "Off the hook" but i think they would take wayy to much to install. Lincon navigator or aviator seats would bolt in im pretty sure. since they are the cousins of ours. Ive been thinking about new seats as well. I think the easiest would be to grab some nice ones out of an eddie cause they would bolt right up. And i think all the plugs for the power seats would be their, right?

I think so... I'm taking a trip to the junker this week... I post if I find anything...

thanks

Mountaineer and Aviator are the cousins. Try to find any wrecked lambos or ferraris. They will have some NICE seats:D

Expedition and Navigator seats will not fit, they are much larger, but they would look nice.

Explorer
ford_explorer_sport_trac_limited_4.6l_4x4_2009_interior_frontseat.jpg

Navigator
lincoln_navigator_4x2_2008_interior_frontseat.jpg

after thinking about it i have 2 front seats for my mountaineer that i can sell. i was originally gonna put 4 front seats in the mountaineer with a 2nd row console but if you need them they are brand new straight from the ford dealer. if i can't get them to work in my truck i'll sell them for a discount. or sell my old seats for cheap

My $0.02 if you're going to go the fabrication route:

Go with the GM seats from a Yukon/Tahoe - the seat belts are integrated with the seat itself so you dont need to worry about matching latches and so on. They're a little on the wide side but they are very comfortable - I've been using a pair in my Econoline E-350. You'll find them in either leather (usually from a Yukon Denali) or cloth (I hate leather so I went with cloth). Oh and they also have arm rests that fold up nicely into the back. Adjustability is awesome and you can move the seat vertically up or down - and wiring the power for the seats is cake.

new_seats_arrived.jpg

Some F-150 seats are also similar in that they also have integrated seat belts - but they lack the arm rests.

izwack is right about that one the denali seats are so comfortable. my buddy has one and it feels like i'm sitting in my recliner in my house.

My $0.02 if you're going to go the fabrication route:

Go with the GM seats from a Yukon/Tahoe - the seat belts are integrated with the seat itself so you dont need to worry about matching latches and so on. They're a little on the wide side but they are very comfortable - I've been using a pair in my Econoline E-350. You'll find them in either leather (usually from a Yukon Denali) or cloth (I hate leather so I went with cloth). Oh and they also have arm rests that fold up nicely into the back. Adjustability is awesome and you can move the seat vertically up or down - and wiring the power for the seats is cake.

new_seats_arrived.jpg

Some F-150 seats are also similar in that they also have integrated seat belts - but they lack the arm rests.
they do look nice.... what about the rails? how hard would it be to fab?

Well you'll probably need a welder of some sort - and after that, its just a matter of measuring, test fitting and cutting some steel adapters. But that goes for pretty much any seat out there that wont bolt in perfectly.

Check out Section525's thread, it'll give you some idea of whats involved: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169240

yes, they are cool.

I just came back from the junkyard... I found seats from a 2003 aviator... but tan, leather, not electric... $200 for the front buckets... they need a lot of cleaning and I saw some of the internals are rusted...

I also found leather/electric grey from a 99/00 mauntaineer.... same cleaning and some rust.... $150...

I go to another place tomorrow and see what they have...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really like the boxy look of the 4th gen seats. The structure of the body of the 4gen remained unchanged and from pictures of the interior the tracks look the same.

I would love to have some 4th gen seats. Whenever I do a seat swap one day I will consider the 4th gen seats. I also like the big head rests of the back bench on the 4th gen as well.

Back