• Register Today It's free!

Need help in Houston(Webster)

Coonash

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Charles, La.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Not sure where to post this. A girlfriend of my wifes is new to Houston(Webster). She was told that the rear axle seals were leaking bad and need to be changed asap, along with some other items. This was at a lube shop. Can someone help me out with a good decent shop to send her to there. I'm almost 3 hours away and if it as bad as they say, I don't want her driving here to my mechanic. This is for a 97'Chevy Blazer.
Thank you for any info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coonash said:
Not sure where to post this. A girlfriend of my wifes is new to Houston(Webster). She was told that the rear axle seals were leaking bad and need to be changed asap, along with some other items. This was at a lube shop. Can someone help me out with a good decent shop to send her to there. I'm almost 3 hours away and if it as bad as they say, I don't want her driving here to my mechanic. This is for a 97'Chevy Blazer.
Thank you for any info.

Not exactly sure where Webster is, but if she ends up in the city of houston, Tell her to go to Jerry's Automotive off of Antoine (8080 Antoine Drive, Houston, TX 77088). The number is 281-999-1461. I know both of the mechanics there very well, and they do great work at a very reasonable price.

I think Webster is South of Houston. I know when we went we took the Beltway south. Avoided 610. Thanks for the info she can find out if its close enough for her.

I'd also recommend a 2nd opinion from another shop - I work as an advisor at a Chevy dealership & that's a pretty uncommon failure for that vehicle/year.

if it has rear drum brakes im willing to bet that it might be a bad wheel cylinder..... its very rare to have the axle seals go out.. on any vehicle.....

97 should be rear disc?

TSTONE said:
I'd also recommend a 2nd opinion from another shop - I work as an advisor at a Chevy dealership & that's a pretty uncommon failure for that vehicle/year.

I agree, 2nd opinion is never a bad idea. Take it to Jerry's automotive, and either Sergio or Mark will look at it. They will tell you exactly what the problem is, if there even is one. They have put my vehicle up on the rack, and looked over it and fixed some little things @ no charge. I'm about to take my explorer over there and have them look over my transmission. I highly recomend them, and the shop isn't exactly close to me.

Back