• Register Today It's free!

Need HELP!

bdogg23

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4DR 2WD
alright, i tried to search for this but couldn't find it anywhere. I just recieved my KKM kit and i cant figure out how to install it on my '93 Ford Explorer. Can anyone give a detailed step by step instruction on how to install this on my model of car. I got the airbox out, then connected the tube to the KKM. what about the tube from the radiator? where does that go to? then there are 2 hoses that clip into the back of the stock airbox, what about those? someone please help me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are just replacing the filter correct? Or are you replacing the intake behind the MAF also? I know the one of the small vacuum lines gets blocked off. Mine came with a screw that I screwed in. I looked but cant locate the other vaccum line.

what i am doing is replacing the stock airbox with the kkm tru-rev sport induction kit

are you supposed to get 2 brackets? cause i only got 1. also, what is the heat riser assembly? and do i just leave the plastic tube that takes air from behind the grill open or remove it or what? where exactly to i put the bracket, what do i mount in on?
Thanks for all the help during this process! Bill N.

Back