New old exploder | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New old exploder

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a hunch, but whenever new spark plugs-wires and coilpacks are mentioned I have to also mention to tripple check the firing order on the driver side of the engine. everyone here has made the mistake of connection them wrong, the order is sort of confusing.
If 2 wires are crossed it will run like you mention. so, just a hunch but please re check this.

file0005.jpg

index.php

Actually che ked this morning since another member mentioned that. Its in the correct order unfortunately

I took the liberty of merging 2 threads, should be less confusing now.

Definitely have the codes scanned as soon as possible, i think it will help greatly in the troubleshooting.

Anyways - just want to chime in my .02 for something that slips through the cracks.

The FACTORY STOCK COIL PACK on an OHV has a different "tower" arrangement from an aftermarket coil pack.

You say in your first post that your Coil Pack was replaced...

So, in essence, if somebody took off all of the spark plug wires off an OLD COIL PACK, then replaced the coil pack with a new one, and put the wires back on in the same arrangement as the OLD/ORIGINAL Coil Pack, there's a high probability that the spark plug wire arrangement is wrong.

Back