new speed grille.. w/ pics (56k should be ok) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new speed grille.. w/ pics (56k should be ok)

thanks, billet grilles are played out IMO.. i like the mesh look personally...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could get the same effect by clipping Gutter Guard onto the back of the grilles I think. Maybe one day when I'm bored I'll spend 6 bucks and try it.

you could, but probably won't look as good, and probably would fall apart and bend in from the wind, and probably start to discolor within 5 months too...

Yeah, but for 6 bucks for the pack of 5 and some clips... I could go all out and get some 99 cent Clearcoat...

Things only college kids will do :p

Oxygen said:
you could, but probably won't look as good

Couldn't agree more. The Speed Grille looks sweet and is a lot more susbtantial. I see that gutter stuff on enough ricemobiles to know that the Speed Grille doesn't look like it when you see it "in person". That gutter stuff looks like it's made for, well you know... :D

Well, I was trying to make a joke, but apparently it didn't come across very well. :p

It actually doesnt look too bad if you don't look at it too closely.

Personally I like the black honeycomb stuff that the STs have. But I don't think they make anything like that for our trucks.

TTG said:
Well, I was trying to make a joke, but apparently it didn't come across very well. :p

It actually doesnt look too bad if you don't look at it too closely.

Personally I like the black honeycomb stuff that the STs have. But I don't think they make anything like that for our trucks.

I thought you were serious because the same thread came up a little while ago, and they were serious. ;)

I'm serious that I've done it before. We did it to 2 cars one night. I never really liked the way it came out though. They've been in close to 6 months now, and I don't think they've had any noticible wear(they were on my buddies cars, and I havent seen them in 2 months).

Its not shiny enough for me though. We even tried spraying them with shiny paint. And yes, we did spray hubcaps to be shiny silver with spraypaint. It was quite funny, and looked decent with a layer of something to prime it. Better than drab grey at least.

Hey Ox, the speed grilles look great. I've been looking for those on the net and couldn't find them. I appreciate the link. The billet grilles are too bLiNg for me, I like the sleek look and that speed grill helps a LOT! You should lower the wiper blades to add that little extra umph-
~stu

thanks... i got them from usspeedonline.com ... i'll try and lower the blades and see what happens

How do you reach the hood release?

Lloyd10977 said:
How do you reach the hood release?

It's not "hidden" behind the grille on 2000 Explorers. I understand it was on earlier renditions, but I'm not sure of which years have the redesigned hood release mechanism.

ya... celly, did you put the street scene badge anywhere?

Looks awsome man

How much were your headlights? What kind of glare do they give off? I want to get HID but the whole glare thing scares me off.

Oxygen said:
ya... celly, did you put the street scene badge anywhere?

It's in my glove box. I'm not much for stickers anymore on my Ex. Used to have tons of mountainbike stickers all over the rear window but they're all long gone.

my HID kit was 300$ shipped, and it really doesn't give off that much glare ... my advice would get a 6000k kit if you are worried about glare..

Back