New Wheels bearings/Rotors.. New Problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Wheels bearings/Rotors.. New Problems

silverfords2001

Reaction score
City, State
Manassas, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 sport
I installed new wheel bearings, rotors, and brakes on my 01 sport 2wd today.
Everything went fine until I start driving. Dont get me wrong the ride is great. The problems is when I am coming to a stop(right before I stop) it seems like the ABS is coming on and the driver side brakes are trying to grab. It is only for a split second and then I am able to come to a stop It is really hard to describe. If it helps when it does this the cars steering wheel jerks to the left. I have a 3 hour drive ahead of me with my wife and kids. I hope it may jsut be some grease that is on the rotor or something. Please help. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try replacing the ABS wheel sensor or try cleaning the sensor's electrical connector with some electrical contact cleaner.

Thanks for the info, I am not sure that is the cause but I wil try that. Do you also think it could be a problem with the Caliber sticking, or not operating smoothly?

Check to make sure the pads are set correctly.

Stupid me once put the pads backwards while working at night :(

I have found the problem after checking all of the above. I also found anothe rmember with the same exact problems. It was the ABS that was casing the problem. I have taken out the fuse and now it is back to normal. I am going to try repplacing the sensors and see if that fixes it.

Back