• Register Today It's free!

No headlights on 98 Mountaineer

nickorsi

Reaction score
City, State
Cumming,Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Mountaineer
I have to say this is a great place for information. It has been really useful for me in repairing my truck.

Here is my new problem. Turned on the truck last night and there were no headlights, I tried to manually turn them on using the switch , still no luck. All my other lights are working. The only lights working on the front are the amber colored corner lights. Checked my fuses and they all seem to be fine. This has happened before but eventually came on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

same problem

I had the same problem. not sure why it happened but they both blew at the same time. I was very confused. tried everything. checked fuses but it just ended up being blown bulbs. I put new ones in and they have been working for a few months now :)

Thanks for the assistance. I will check the fuses under the hood. And also check the bulbs. One thing I did forget to mention. I can pull the lever back towards me and flash the brights, but when trying to push it forwarded to engage the brights nothing happens.

how about checking the fuses with a meter... as mentioned there are two for the lows and one for the highs (which appear to work since you can "flash"). Probably the light switch. Do you have LOM feature... then its is the LOM that is bad.

yup same thing. I had the Sylvania spg? ultra white or bright lights. I forget what they are called but the lowbeams were shot so i ticked everyone off by driving home with my brights!

Checked the bulbs and they are fine. I checked the interior fuses and they are good. I checked the DRL fuse in the power dist. box and that was good, but did not check the others, will do that next. What is LOM?

I do not have the LOM feature on my truck. I have checked all the fuses and they all seem to be good. What else could cause this??

its your light switch.... oops ... that should be MFS switch ... ie. on your column.

I had the exact same problem a few years back with my 98 sport. Like budwich said... it's your Multi Function Switch.

Did you get the problem fixed?

I had a similiar issue about 1.54 years ago and replaced the MFS switch from Ford and everything was fine. Well tonight my headlights won't turn on:mad: I'm going to be pissed if this damn Ford part went again in less than a year:mad::mad::mad:

Only thing is I thought last time my highs worked when I pushed the blinker foward, this time I have to drive holding it back

Back