Northern Cal - August 7 to 23rd

Ken Cooke

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
I'll be up in Northern Cal to do some exploring and trail running from the 7th to the 23rd. Is anybody up for showing me (and my fiance) around some moderate/intermediate trails in their area? I'll be as far north as Lassen State Park, and I'll be doing a trail run with the Esprit de Four club in the Sierra Nevadas the week after next. I'll be stopped over in the Santa Rosa area in the middle of the month for about a week as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ken, I am going up 88 on august 18 to the blue lakes area which is just south of tahoe. the deer valley trail is there and is a moderate trail though I have yet to finish it. my sport only has 30's on it so I don't know how far I could make it. let me know if you are interested, we wre only going fishing but a little trailriding would be cool. mike.

This sounds like fun. My fiance Suz says she is not sure what our agenda looks like yet, but what I am thinking is that if we exchange telephone numbers (I'll be using my cell phone) we can plan from out in the field. We are talking about checking out the northernmost part of the state - Lassen State Park. This may require some serious drive time, but I'm up for it. We'll be in the Sierra's the weekend of the 13th/14th with a club. I'll let you know in the next few days what we can do.

just let me know and we will hook up #'S. I know it's quite a drive from Lassen area. If you can't make it this time we try to make it up there several times during late spring until october or the snow hits and shuts the area down. I am out of the Sacramento area so let me know. Mike.

sorry to miss ya..

hey, I live in Oakland. Already have plans for next weekend - down to LA.

As for after that, it's unknown. All depends on what I feel like.

My truck is also a "big dawg" type - see signature.

Phone Numbers

I'll let you know what my phone numbers are in case you'd
like to reach me (us) while out on the road. My cellular is (909) 255-1589. I'll have it on each day, with the phone charging overnight in my truck. Esprit de Four is doing a most difficult run at Swamp Lake in the Sierras this weekend (13th-14th). I'll be checking it out, but I don't feel that I'm set up for a "Most Difficult" run, nor do I want to incurr body/drivetrain damage while on this trip. If you're interested in going on this trip - possibly to hunt some less difficult sections, give me a call. I doubt that I can go on the trip you have planned, because from the 18th-22nd, we plan on being in Santa Rosa, staying with relatives. Thanks for the invite.

Back