ODBII code P0171-System Fuel Too Lean Bank 1 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ODBII code P0171-System Fuel Too Lean Bank 1

Thanks thundertiger and EBInterceptor,

I'll probably take a "wack" at it myself. I'm going to grab some penetrating oil and verify the leak. It's almost cold enough here for the classic leak symptoms to show. I have the procedures (and some diagrams) from www.alldatadiy.com, so that should help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has any one ever done this O-ring job themselves??? The dealer will not honor the extension due to the title being branded rebuilt salvage. If It is easy I might just do it myself

JOE

I just did this last weekend and it totally solved my warmup issues. It's not terribly difficult, but there is quite a bit stuff that needs to come off so you'll need to keep track of everything and work carefully. Additionally, you'll need some torx bits and a low-range torque wrench. I'd give yourself at least four hours. The best writeup I was able to locate is somewhere on the board here - even has pictures!

Found it:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=487634&postcount=33

Joe Fast said:
Has any one ever done this O-ring job themselves??? The dealer will not honor the extension due to the title being branded rebuilt salvage. If It is easy I might just do it myself

JOE
i just got done doing the oring job and it was not as bad as it looks. . getting to those back torq bolts is the worst thing but it can be done. . just have to find the right position with the wrench to get them out. . .i took me about 3 hr 20 min for the first time. . the link stated above that mikeh did is an excellent write up on this procedure. . it helped me out tremendously.

Try cleaning your MAF

Back