• Register Today It's free!

OEM 6-CD w/ "Aux" button

ftlbs

Reaction score
City, State
Layton, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ranger FX4
I have a 2005 Ranger FX4 with the factory 290 Watt Pioneer/Audiophile 6-CD sound system. I swapped my original factory stereo for the same unit out of a 2009 Ranger (with Aux button) and plugged it in and it works great! This new stereo has a 20-pin connection on the back that my 2005 didn't have. I'm assuming this is the plug to use with the "aux" button, but I bought an iPod interface to plug into in and it doesn't work. I called the manufacturer of the interface and they said it doesn't work unless the head unit has external CD-changer controls. Anyone know how I can use the 20-pin connector and get the aux input to work?

(I posted this in the "Ranger Forum" as well)

what color are the connectors on the back of the radio?? Mine is an '04 and for that year there where two types of wire harnesses which confuses thing even more. If the radio plugs are black it more like an pre-03. . . .grey post '04 for the explorer. Also the pinouts are different. With mine i can only get the Aux on the rear DVD (uses the 20pin) through the steering controls, my Audiophile was out of an '03 and plugged in where the basic radio was, black radio connectors. I couldn't use Audiophile out of '04 or '05 as the plugs were very different, and grey. hope this helps . .

Back