OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I have the Optimo H426s on mine, and I noticed today that I have uneven wear on 2, RF & LR, and cracking around the outer edges on all 4.

I also found what looks to be a poorly plugged hole in the LR. If it's not that, then there's a small round bit missing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. Excellent for all conditions, especially if you are on gravel or two track from time to time.

These Hankook are Garbage..... I had to replace mine at 19k prorate it cost me 300 out of pocket Ford new of this but they took the cheapest contractor on the bid

These Hankook are Garbage..... I had to replace mine at 19k prorate it cost me 300 out of pocket Ford new of this but they took the cheapest contractor on the bid

Did they replace it with the same tires or did you have an option of what tire to apply the prorated refund to? My tread is getting to the point that I will need new tires and I am just shy of 20k miles.

They replaced with same. No option. When i get my next Explorer or Aviator if they come with these Hankook's, I will replace them. I don't even like the way they ride.

They replaced with same. No option. When i get my next Explorer or Aviator if they come with these Hankook's, I will replace them. I don't even like the way they ride.
The pictures I've seen of the Aviator and Nautilus showed they had Continental tires.

Peter

honestly I have had 2 sets of Hankooks. My first set was still good and I sold them while good and bought a set of take offs from another dealer. I am not unhappy with them as I like the bulbous look of them with high fat sidewall . Not sure what I will do next. I have 30 K on these and will likely have to change next year...

Back