Old style TPS Pigtail for Explorer harness? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Old style TPS Pigtail for Explorer harness?

TekMan05

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 V8
So I've been running an accufab throttle on my 5.0 for a while but not happy with the fitment and lack of adjustment with the Explorer TPS on it. Never seem to get a good voltage reading. I remember seeing a post on here years ago of someone using the older style TPS with the green,black,orange wiring that had a pigtail adapter that fit the Explorer harness connector instead of the foxbody connector. Does anyone know where to source something like that? It looked similar to this although this picture is just for demonstration.
Screenshot_20230328-110850_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wired-in a 93 Mustang pigtail/connector to replace the stock connector in order to use a stock Mustang TPS.

I think this works and I have also seen TPS Adapters 3 wire flat to 3 round.

Okay, I was just wanting to stick with the factory connector if possible.

I'm gonna see if Summit support might know if they mate up. If not, then I could just adapt the mustang pigtail and connector. Thanks for the reply.

So I've been running an accufab throttle on my 5.0 for a while but not happy with the fitment and lack of adjustment with the Explorer TPS on it. Never seem to get a good voltage reading. I remember seeing a post on here years ago of someone using the older style TPS with the green,black,orange wiring that had a pigtail adapter that fit the Explorer harness connector instead of the foxbody connector. Does anyone know where to source something like that? It looked similar to this although this picture is just for demonstration. View attachment 440456
Here is something similar . walker product 20091018. Its adjustable. Its for a ford vehicle
You can can remove the pins from the connector. And reinstall in new 3 wire connector body.

Back