ona scary situation for me | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ona scary situation for me

564463_6_full.jpg

564463_7_full.jpg

These are pictures from earlier this year at The Badlands. I got turned-around and a little bit lost from the group I was with. I caught up with one of the guys and he followed me back to where everyone was parked. they were parked right on the other side of this hill and I didn't know it was a drop off. They saw the whole thing. :eek: It's pretty damn scary having the whole front end hanging in the air and looking through the windshield and seeing nothing but trees and sky! :eek: Only damage was a mangled skidplate both rockers and the drivers door got creased pretty badly.
Earlier that day I had flopped it on it's passenger side up against a tree. But didn't get any pics. :roll:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha, glad you made it out ok. Looks like a freakin tire graveyard over there. And I must say, that's a ghetto fabulous set of rims you got there. :p

j602 said:
Haha, glad you made it out ok. Looks like a freakin tire graveyard over there. And I must say, that's a ghetto fabulous set of rims you got there. :p
Oh the rear on that side is the fullsize 31" spare. I cut a sidewall down in the creek that day as well. It normally has the 12 hole wheels that orignally came on my '90 Ranger back when it was stock. I also still have the 5 spoke wheels that came on the Eddie Bauer except they have a set of 235 street tires on them.

Ah I see.

It looks like you're pulling a utility trailer in the first pic. I was thinking "WTF!! Who wheels with a trailer?!!" Then I saw the second one. :D

Ya need more ground clearance so you don't bottom out. :D

MyExpWork said:
Ya need more ground clearance so you don't bottom out. :D

or more speed

being that im a moron I would have just gassed it lol and worried about the adverse reaction when i landed

ROFL, glad your ok, boy I bet the people that got to see that were lauging that ARSES off after they saw you were alright offcourse :D

kfkodiak said:
It looks like you're pulling a utility trailer in the first pic. I was thinking "WTF!! Who wheels with a trailer?!!" Then I saw the second one. :D

thats what i thouight

Josh S. said:
wow cool pics...so did you end up gettin pulled back up or just balls it down? :)
i also need to know that

oh, and damn son :eek:

Josh S. said:
wow cool pics...so did you end up gettin pulled back up or just balls it down? :)
I had them pull me back. I didn't want to risk doing an end-over-end. :confused:

Ahh thats not so bad, you could have driven down that sucker if you could have gotten rear traction. :)
But yeah the first few times thats pretty scary!

Back