Oops, I did it again... | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oops, I did it again...

My boss's nephew has had this poor, beat-up little '95 Sport for the longest time, just beating the crap out of it and trying to wheel with J**p friends who were obviously better set up for 4wheeling... two weeks ago it came in with a blown hub, bad upper and lower balljoints, bad tie rods, and some other issues. They saw $2600 worth of damage, I saw a candidate for an axle swap :D Since the little guy is only worth MAYBE $3,000 in current shape, the kid decided to junk it.

I couldn't pass it up :D In the next two weeks I'll be nabbing Snoborder's EB Dana44 and waggy leafs and making myself a mean little monster ;) I don't much like the 'green bean' look though, so as soon as I've got enough saved for a nifty Maaco paintjob, it's getting sprayed platinum grey with silver stripes! I plan on raiding Harry's and scoring some grey leather seats, fender flares and a manual t-case (maybe even make a doubler if I can squeeze in some more overtime).

What about Shelby you wonder...? Her fate is still undecided. She's still too nice to trash (I wouldn't do that to her anyway-Tank was a whole 'nother can of rust) and I haven't found myself crazy over the extra foot of wheelbase when trying to take sharp turns on the trail. No offense meant to you 4 door lovers, I just have a thing for 2 door second gens :D

1995 Sport 4.0 OHV
5 speed manual
P/w, p/l, no stereo yet
flattened out monoleafs
blown shocks
two bent up bumpers
screwed on passenger mirror
new Clutch
new idler pulley (after it suddenly just disappeared)
Looks an awful lot like Doug's first Explorer, that I carted to the crusher's after he wrecked it :eek:

Attachments

• 04-01-06_1644 (Small).jpg
    04-01-06_1644 (Small).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,694

I thought you died or something. Any longer and I would of come looking for you, or tried to see if you left me an explorer in your will.

XXarcade.gif

Random smiley for you.

Well, sometimes I have to go off and fight crime, and that doesn't leave much time to post. :shifty_ey

And if I die I think you're going to have to fight Rookie for Morgan. Lol.

I think after the fiasco of getting it sas'ed he dosent want to go anywhere near that truck now. Dead Link Removed

Another random smiley

Overkill.gif

Kapow!

I think after the fiasco of getting it sas'ed he dosent want to go anywhere near that truck now. Dead Link Removed

Another random smiley

Overkill.gif

Kapow!

bwahahahaha thats is the best smiley ever!

Another random smiley

Overkill.gif

Kapow!

Sure he'd want Morgan. Have you ever seen him turn down a pile of junk? :D
And we need more smilies like that one, lol.

Went goofing around on some local ehh.... ah, property (I know nothing!!!) and took some pics just to prove the little fart still moves. My 'to-fix' list keeps growing, though :( So far I need to throw an add a leaf under the front driverside and see if it makes the lean go away, the steering shaft is still shot, the OX cable needs to be re-routed because it's almost sliced through in a few places despite the protective hose I ziptied to it, the OX shifter needs to be mounted on a stronger piece of steel than the thin @$$ floorboard before it rips a hole in the floor, and I need to find regular 2" blocks for the rear instead of the tapered ones that I have. *sigh* Someday....

DSCN2174_Small_.jpg

Seven months and lots of mud and muck later...
DSCN2175_Small_.jpg

Hush up about the mini-bungies, I guess I still need to hard mount the power steering cooler to the front crossmember too :rolleyes:

Back