Output shaft busted on manual tranny but shifts just fine!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Output shaft busted on manual tranny but shifts just fine!!

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Ok guys I got my 93 sport back from repair shop that just let my truck sit and did nothing.

I was told I needed to replace my manual tranny but I was out messing with it and it shifts into all gears with out binding. Could it just need the output shaft replaced or do I need to start it, put it on jacks and engage the tranny in all gears?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on guys I know some of you tranny guru's have some thoughts on this. I just got back from my Halibut fishing trip and I have to get to work on this tranny today.

Does anyone know a good online place to go to get tranny hardparts like the output shaft?

Bump Anyone?

OK just for more info, I got it jacked up and stuck hand into extension housing and spun the part of the shaft left and it spins freely. Does this mean anything I mean it is in Nuetral. I think with the t-case off there must be a nuetral safety switch disconnected cause it won't start.

I already added 2 gallons of Premium unleaded to the 1/4 tank that has been in it since Feb when we had oxygenated fuel.

Could be my autostart, but don't know for sure it seems like it wants to turn over but just cranks.

I guess I am impatient, been working on it today and check periodically for peoples input.

Back