Paragon Adventure Park Hazeltown, PA | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paragon Adventure Park Hazeltown, PA

HIX

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda 4.0 4x4 SuperCab
Just to let you know. Paragon is very expensive if you are not going w/ a big group. It costs the 35 per day plus unless you have been a certified guide you have to hire one at 60 and there are some other fees as well. Best bet would be to tag along w/ another club.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well you know me. You can count me in. But this time I will be bring my other truck. Paragon is not recommend for stocker. TRUST me on this one. Hey HIX tank had all 4 of his tires slashed last week. One week later 500 dollars a tire he now has 38inch super swappers. He is itching to go anywhere. You can count him in too. You might want to start this thread in the Exploration section. I will check there next after I post this

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
If your not flyin
Your not tryin

Hix,
Thanks for letting me know that bit. What I'll probably end up doing is getting a group of guys from my club to come along with us. I know that they have all of those certifications and know what they're doing. That way everyone who wants to go along won't have to pay expensive fees.(Accept 35$ to get in.) When I go up I'll probably tag along with a club that's there.

In January I'm going with my club on a trip to a place called George Washington National Forrest. It's suposed to be an easier starter park. I'll have to see how it is. I imagine that it's right cheap. However GWNF is pretty far. It's about 3-3 1/2 hours from where I live. I'll soon see how it is.. Again I'll keep everyone posted.

HIX have you ever been to Paragon Adventure Park? If so let me know how it was when you went. Dead Link Removed I'll keep everyone posted.

Happy Wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed

Me and EAGLE went w/ a group of well intentioned but very unorganized Jeepers. I am sure EAGLE can tell the story better than I can. EAGLE?

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

HIX,
Do you think an XLT w/ a 4" suspension lift and 33x10.5's will fair alright at Paragon?? I'll probably have steel nerf bars of some kind by March which should help with all of the boulders up there. Do you think stock gears will do ok up there?? Mine seem to be rather low *numerically*. I don't know the ratio. I just know that with stock tires on when I "Krawl" down a hill in low range I go pretty quick. Now that's without touching the brakes at all. I probably do about at least 10 MPH down a slope of about 45 degrees in the mud. I have stock diffs too so any huge rocks will call for a winch. ;-)

I should fair fine. As long as one of you two has a winch or a few High Lift Jacks. Dead Link Removed I'll make sure to get one of those before our event. They'll probably be a couple Jeepers with us. Maybe a Land Rover and a Cherokee. Don't know yet.

EAGLE,
What kinda truck does your buddy have the 38's on?? My friend has 36" Swamper TSL's on a F250. It has 4" suspension and 3" body lifts on it. It's pretty sweet. Too bad there's not too many places to take a full size... We stick to quarry mud with that beast. Have you guys been to Bloomsburg PA for there All National Truck Show?? If you haven't let me know and I'll send you some info. It's great. I went for the first time this past year. It's usually a three day weekend in July. Lot's of fun... Dead Link Removed How bout them Jeepers?? Dead Link Removed

I'll keep you all posted on Hazeltown...

Happy wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed
ExplorerDude@hotmail.com
94 Explorer XLT
4" Superlift Suspension
Superlift Steering Stabilizer
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
33X10.50 BFG AT KO's

Hey guys,
I think I've found the place for my Millinium Party. The party will be sometime in March. (Possibly the third weekend) That way there won't be any adverse weather conditions to deal with (**Hopefully**) and everyone can get there holiday stuff outta the way.

Paragon Adventure Park is located in Hazeltown PA and has tons of very good legal trails on it. It's a privately owned place and it costs 35 dollars a truck to get in with a 5 dollar per passanger fee.(I'm pretty sure) Paragon has tons of really great rock crawlin trails on it. I haven't actually gotten to experince them myself but I've seen tons of pics and read about there trails. It's definately worth looking at if you live on the east coast. I will try and get up to check that place out here in January and update everyone on how the place is. Suposidly it's a pretty tough course. They claim that some trails require lockers, tires and whinch but we'll soon see. I found out about the place through this fourwheelin club that I'm going to join. (Baltimore 4 Wheelers INC) Hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Happy Wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed
ExplorerDude@hotmail.com
94 Explorer XLT
4" Superlift Suspension
Superlift Steering Stabilizer
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
33X10.50 BFG AT KO's

My friend has 38’s on his HUMMER. He is very interested in going to Paragon again. Paragon is were the local HUMMER club takes all new owners to train them on how to use their truck. That should give you a pretty good idea of some of the obstacles you can run into if you are not careful. HIX has his Explorer Sport set up very similar to yours. As long as your drive slow and careful you should be all right. HIX completed everything that the jeeps were doing and he is running 33’s and 5 inches of lift. I went with my bone stock 98 Sport.(bad move) I to had stock tires. I did not slip or spin-out. Then again I really didn’t do anything to radical. I just wanted out. He trail is tight. Meaning a full size truck might run into some problems maneuvering. But I look at it this way if a HUMMER can get it wide a$% through it so can I. I nor my friend has a winch but I do have a Hi-Lift jack. I have never been to the National Truck Show but would love to go. Email me any info.

------------------
98 Sport 4.0L SOHC auto
If your not flyin
Your not tryin

HIX,
Did you ever get Rick to post the pics from your other outing?? Dead Link Removed

EGALE,
Here is the info regarding Bloomsburg... It's there 13th Summer 4-Wheel Jamboree... It's located in Bloomsburg PA, fairgrounds. The place is huge probably 4 times the size of our state fairgrounds. It's going to be held this year from July 7-9. The cost is 55$ Pre-Entry.. That fee includes two three day wrist bands and a sticker for your vehicle. (The price goes up if you don't pre register. Last years price was $40 per per wristband.) If you're interested I'll let my other club know to expect another truck this year at the campground and you can camp with us. Camping is relatively cheap. They have shower facilities as well as water and electric outlets. You can pre-enter thru 2/25/00. Call this number for more info...

It's 317-236-6515.

I highly recommend this Jamboree to everyone. That is where I got inspired to lift my explorer. Dead Link Removed**That and this website** They have tons of events... Monster Trucks, Burn-out competitions, Tuff-Truck Competitions, Articulation Ramp Contests, A Parade **worthy of tons of pics**, good prices on equipment, and if nothing else the Bikini Competition and the Budwiser women are worth my $55. Dead Link Removed My only complaint last year was the lack of the lifted Explorers. I saw maybe 4 out of thousands of trucks. Hope you all are interested.

Happy Wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed

HIX,
You think we could get Ford to go with us on our run?? LMAO That would be great. Dead Link Removed

I'll schedule this run around when you'll be able to go. The more people we have going the more fun it'll be. Dead Link Removed Right now I'm thinkin of March 17-20. I'm going to email everyone as well as post this here. Let me know how that date looks. I can always adjust things accordingly.

I think my hubs just took a crap last night. LOL Damn automatic hubs... I've been having a problem with one side staying locked in after I take it out of 4x4... Good thing I'm getting them replaced with Warn Manual hubs on Monday. Dead Link Removed Talk to you all later.

Happy wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed

Back