Parting Out 2000 Explorer XLS | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parting Out 2000 Explorer XLS

If all goes well I'll be picking this truck up on Sunday. I'm throwing this out there to see what kind of interest there might be in this truck before it goes to the junkyard. I will be pulling the tranny, the OHV engine will be up for grabs but with the exception of some minor body damage the rest of the truck is intact. If the deal goes through I'll update the post and maybe put up some pics. Thanks

EDIT:

O.K. so I've got the truck and the part out is on! Now for a little general info. The grill, bumpers, headlights, hood, and tailgate are all damaged. Other than that the truck is pretty clean. It has the nerf style running boards and they're in good shape, just a very little surface rust nothing bad. All of the trim is in good shape as is the interior(medium prairie tan cloth). Its got the console with the little bag under the arm rest, but one of the screw mounts for the arm rest is broken however the cover of the arm rest is in good shape. Any questions just ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The headliner is good, no sunroof. The center console is the short type with the bag under the arm rest.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need the right side ball connector that the right side lift support pops on to. It looks like a rectangle bracket with a ball in the middle. Must of broke off with a previous owner. My gate won't close properly. I have a 2000 explorer xlt. Thanks

I'll have to double check, but I believe that ball and bracket are welded to the hatch. I'll check tomorrow for you and see what I can do. Thanks for looking! I'll let you know.

I'll have to double check, but I believe that ball and bracket are welded to the hatch. I'll check tomorrow for you and see what I can do. Thanks for looking! I'll let you know.

Hi Al, Happy Easter. I don't mean to hijack your thread but those balls are welded to the hatch. I found out when I went to install one of the struts I bought from you. Just saving you the trouble of looking.

Thanks for looking into it. I found the balls online with some work they can be replaced. Just a pain to do it.

Yeah, I kinda knew that already. I was going to check if that whole plate could be removed and re-attached to the hatch. The ball on the passenger side of my hatch rusted off a couple of years ago. I just bought a ball of the same size with a threaded stud and drilled and tapped the bracket. I threaded it in until it bottomed out, used couple of washers for stability and it was good to go.

Yeah. That's what I was hoping for. That the entire latch could be popped off with the ball on it. Thanks again for checking.

Hi Al, Happy Easter. I don't mean to hijack your thread but those balls are welded to the hatch. I found out when I went to install one of the struts I bought from you. Just saving you the trouble of looking.

No problem. Happy Easter to you as well!

No, they're gone. Sorry.

Al do you still have the front seats?

Yes, I still have the front seats. They're tan cloth. I can get the actual color in the morning for you if you want.

Bump. Gotta go, wife's getting cranky.

Hello

I'm looking for the lower box of the air cleaner housing and the large electrical connector by the driver's door hinges (that looks like it has 100 wires in it) with as much wire and connectors as you can get out of the door and wire going into the cab.

Shipped to 97230.

Thanks,
Dan

Hello

I'm looking for the lower box of the air cleaner housing and the large electrical connector by the driver's door hinges (that looks like it has 100 wires in it) with as much wire and connectors as you can get out of the door and wire going into the cab.

Shipped to 97230.

Thanks,
Dan

I have both. I'm not real sure how to remove that connector and harness but I'm sure I can figure it out. Do you need the square or round air box? The one I have is the square one.

I have both. I'm not real sure how to remove that connector and harness but I'm sure I can figure it out. Do you need the square or round air box? The one I have is the square one.

I'd call it square. Please PM with a shipped price before you take the time to pull the connectors and wiring.

Thanks,
Dan

I'll check with the P.O. and PM you with a price.

Hello

Shipped to 97230.

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan. They'll be on their way tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Back