Pathetic whoops. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pathetic whoops.

So I was at home in Memphis this weekend and I got to drive my mom's Explorer all around town and got it stuck in the stuipidest of all places...my own driveway. I was backing out of their garage while on my phone and, well, backed up too far. She's got an open diff and 2wd so it couldn't get any traction to get up that short hill. The real pathetic part was when I had to call my girlfriend over with her j**p so I could pull it out. I was laughing my @ss off over it all while my mom found it slightly less entertaining.
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh God, thats some funny stuff... now you know why there is a no cell phone while your driving law in NY... lol
Did ya break anything on your Moms X?

does that front passenger tire need air?

whoops

No, nothing was broken or scratched or anything. Yeah it looks like that tire could use some air, but then again there was quite some pressure on that tire. It's funny, when I was down there I keeps seeing everybody driving while on the phone and I wanna keep saying, "I hope you get pulled over!! you know it's illegal" But then I realize that it ain't NY and you can do it in other states, which after time just seems ridiculous.

WHOOPS!

Something like that happened to my truck a few years back, except it was my mom borrowing it to help a friend move. She backed off the friend's driveway and into a ditch. I could've made it out, but she insisted we have this handyman with an old nissan p/u help me out. No worries :)

DOH!!!!! :p :p :p .

Hey, at least you didn't run into any birds this time :D

LMAO!!! That's pretty funny.

Excuse: "Just checking the flex, mom!"

nice articulation! haah

You know you could have pulled the rear sway bar (just 1 bolt).. and then you would have had enough flex to most likely get the traction you needed to get outta there..

'course there would have been a loud bang when removing the sway bar when it is under tension.. hrm.. maybe its not a good idea but its an idea.. (I have lots of ideas.. just most aren't good)

~Mark

I know what you mean about the phone thing. I live in NY and I dont talk on the phone while driving. I went to NC and everyone does it and now I realize why it is illegal in NY. Personally, I think it should be illegal in all states. Thats just my opinion, please dont flame me.:nono:

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Personally, I think it should be illegal in all states. Thats just my opinion, please dont flame me.:nono:

You dont konw how many idiots i see driving around with phones to their ear and are driving like complete MORONS!

I know what you mean about the phones. I live in NC and have seen many many idiots driving with their phones at their ears. When I drive, I usually have my headset ready on the seat so when I have to use it, I just take the earpiece and stuff it in my ear. What's so hard about that?!?!?

I have one of those hands free things with the speaker. Even when I use that it still makes it hard to concentrate. It's not the same as talking to someone that is in the car with you. And yes, I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Just be glad that you weren't driving your X. :eek:

Yeah, my X would have def. been high centered in that situation. But at the same time, if it were 2 weeks from now, I would have my new rear end in with a limited slip, so I may have been able to get myslef out of that.

I hate using my phone in the car, because when I drive I like to have all my concentration on the road. The funny part about hands free driving aids is that the most dangerous part of driving while using a cell phone is when you're dialing the phone since you have to look down at it. This problem isn't resolved by using "hands free" sets, since you still have to dial the damn phone.

speed dial my friend. just push and hold the number and it starts to dial it.

i have a nokia 5185.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man I love my cell phone, and I admit, I use it often while driving... but thats whats great about Texas.... everyone does it, and everyone eats/drinks, watces video monitors, reads, and all kindsa other stuff too... For the most part, the majority of accident here are not bc of "not paying attention" but more of plain being dumb and n common sense... (sure its ok to drive 90 on the freeway and use the emergency lane and shoulder to pass people! morons!) But I do admit, speed dial is a must have if your gonna be using your phone...
--bryan
BTW - This thread has gotten offtrack, but I think its a good topic to talk about anyways... (sucks about the gettin stuck man!)

Back