POI problem with Explorer's navigation system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

POI problem with Explorer's navigation system

russell bruesch

Reaction score
City, State
new buffalo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 limited explorer
I have the latest sync update installed in my explorer. When i access the POI menue in navigation it will not let me verbally cancel and go to another screen like climate ,phone or audio. If i am searching for a POI and decide to cancel my search by saying cancel the system refuses to accept any commands to leave this screen and go to another function. The only way i can get out of the POI screen is to manually press one of the four quadrants in the corners of the 8 inch display. This is very annoying. Anyone else have this problem or have a magic command to get out of this POI screen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ours can be slow when saying cancel out of the POI screen. It just sits there like it is doing nothing, but it does come around eventually, we just didn't give it enough time in the beginning. Of course, I would expect it to just cancel and exit right away, but that seems to be asking too much, lol :)

Anyone else have this problem or have a magic command to get out of this POI screen?

Hi, russell bruesch and VinceL!

Have either of you tried saying MAIN MENU instead of CANCEL? Try it and see if it helps. :)

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, we'll give it a try next time we get a chance :)

Have either of you tried saying MAIN MENU instead of CANCEL? Try it and see if it helps. :)

Rebecca

Again I ask for a PDF to be posted with the COMPLETE list of commands. This document exists within the IVT department. Please share so we can quit guessing!!

Thanks Rebbeca, The main menue command works and gets me out of the P.O.I screen without manually having to to touch one of the 4 quadrants.

Again I ask for a PDF to be posted with the COMPLETE list of commands. This document exists within the IVT department. Please share so we can quit guessing!!

2k11Explorer,

I don't have a complete list but I'm working on getting something posted for everyone. For now, you can check out the commands we have listed on Ford.com:

http://www.Ford.com/technology/sync/sync-commands/

Or you can view most of the commands on your MFT screen. To do this, do the following:

SETTINGS (Gears) > ? HELP > VOICE COMMAND LIST

Thanks Rebecca, we'll give it a try next time we get a chance :)

Thanks Rebbeca, The main menue command works and gets me out of the P.O.I screen without manually having to to touch one of the 4 quadrants.

You're both very welcome!

Rebecca

Rebecca

Rebecca:
Sorry tried quick reply & it didn't work...I have the following problem:

Newly updated mft on 6/7/2012:
I had my 2011 Explorer Limited into the dealer for several items. These included 2 recalls I'd received.

The mft change brings up several ?:
1) How do I find out what version the software is?

2) After entering favorites I go back to edit the name (or any other item) & the space is never highlighted which means I can't put in a space?

I enter a destination State, Street name, address then enter to save to favorites. Press edit, then name to enter a name for this entry...say "Courtyard Portland". But I can only type in one word because the space bar is never highlighted...so I could put in "Courtyardportland" only.

Have others seen this problem?
Any fix?
Me?

Thanks Kelly

Rebecca:

I had my 2011 Explorer Limited into the dealer for several items. These included 2 recalls I'd received.

2) After entering favorites I go back to edit the name (or any other item) & the space is never highlighted which means I can't put in a space?

I enter a destination State, Street name, address then enter to save to favorites. Press edit, then name to enter a name for this entry...say "Courtyard Portland". But I can only type in one word because the space bar is never highlighted...so I could put in "Courtyardportland" only.

Any fix?
Me?

Thanks Kelly

Yes. Mine does the same thing. Don't understand why no active space bar.
I just hyphen.. Courtyard-Portland. Hope this helps.
Becky...any ideas?

Space bar not active

Becky...any ideas?

Thanks for getting back to me GWA1!

Who is Becky & has she gotten back to you about this stupid omission on fords part.
Does anyone do beta testing any more?
How could such a simple item be over looked?

Many if not all of the other comments here are about "looks" or if you will display preferences. These could have been addressed under system "display temp on touch screen, in gauge area, none". Display "time & date" would have been a "real" inovation!
"Use standard display" or "use enhanced display" on touch screen would also be a "real" thought in the "upgrade" process.
Was any body awake on this change "panel" when this was in process??

But not activating the space bar when wanting to edit favorites in maps is a real indication of the lack of any kind of real testing or thinking from this "upgrade panel".
Thanks Kelly

As a retired IBM'er we all knew this quote:
"All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work."
Thomas J. Watson

2k11Explorer,

I don't have a complete list but I'm working on getting something posted for everyone. For now, you can check out the commands we have listed on Ford.com:

http://www.Ford.com/technology/sync/sync-commands/

Or you can view most of the commands on your MFT screen. To do this, do the following:

SETTINGS (Gears) > ? HELP > VOICE COMMAND LIST

Rebecca:
I've got the following problem.

Any fix?
Me?

Thanks Kelly

PS GWA1 has replied to me & he has the same problem??

Please bring this issue up to the "hard working upgrad panel"(sic) & come up with a response to us owners!
See my additional post.
Thanks again Kelly

You're both very welcome!

Rebecca

Thanks for getting back to me GWA1!

Who is Becky & has she gotten back to you about this stupid omission on fords part.
Does anyone do beta testing any more?
How could such a simple item be over looked?

Many if not all of the other comments here are about "looks" or if you will display preferences. These could have been addressed under system "display temp on touch screen, in gauge area, none". Display "time & date" would have been a "real" inovation!
"Use standard display" or "use enhanced display" on touch screen would also be a "real" thought in the "upgrade" process.
Was any body awake on this change "panel" when this was in process??

But not activating the space bar when wanting to edit favorites in maps is a real indication of the lack of any kind of real testing or thinking from this "upgrade panel".
Thanks Kelly

As a retired IBM'er we all knew this quote:
"All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work."
Thomas J. Watson

Becky is Rebecca from Ford IVT team and no she hasn't gotten back to me and I expect she cannot answer why someone else didn't catch or correct it.
So much has been said about MTF that all I'm going to say is...... It is what it is and is better than it was... next update third quarter...
An old timer I knew always said " Don't sweat the small stuff".
Don't get me wrong. I agree with you and others on this forum.:confused:

Rebecca:

Any fix?
Me?

Thanks Kelly
Becky...any ideas?

Hi, Kelly and GWA1!

You can check your software version the following ways:

In vehicle: MENU (Gears) > ? HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION: Last five digits are 12023

On SYNCMyRide.com: Log in > Click UPDATES & CUSTOMIZE > SYNC VERSIONGEN2: V3.0.2

We've found that a Master Reset may help with the grayed space bar or you can do what GWA1 stated and hyphenate the names. Here are the instructions for a Master Reset:

MENU (Gears) > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

This will erase all of your saved favorites, phone pairing, etc.

Rebecca

Thanks,Rebecca.
Good to know Ford is aware of it.. I'll live with it. Don't want to do master reset.. Just added 7 address to favorites for an upcomming trip and don't want to loose them. Using the reboot app. didn't help.

Back